Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first picked up my 55 at auction last year I knew that the previous owner had scraped the right side wheels pretty good and I later found out the front had a pretty significant bend while the rear one had a more minor one.

After living with it for a year I finally decided to do something about it and to have them repaired. Since I'm not in a major metro area I had them dismounted and shipped up to San Antonio to Wheels America (they have several locations around the country).

So far I've been very pleased with the results. For what amounted to about $150 per wheel with shipping, there's no signs of the previous curb rash, no noticeable bends in the wheels and the ride is smoother then it has ever been. I should have done this a long time ago!

Time will tell how they hold up but these guys have my vote for getting the job done right.

·
Banned
382 Posts
Goss's Garage on Motor Week featured an outfit that appears to be nationwise that does wheel restoration. They even have a service that comes directly to your home. I wish I could exactly remember the name, but I thought it was the same one.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
4,982 Posts
There's one around atlanta somewhere called "wheel wizard" -- or at least there was 10 years ago.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goss's Garage on Motor Week featured an outfit that appears to be nationwise that does wheel restoration. They even have a service that comes directly to your home. I wish I could exactly remember the name, but I thought it was the same one.
I saw that episode too but can't recall the name either. They looked like a pretty good outfit though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.