Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will just keep track of everything here instead of bouncing all over the place.

Completed/On Order
a set of all weather tires-new conti's
clarion nz503 w/kenwood amp
drcolorchip fixed the road rash
new grille
*Spyder Headlights installed
[headlights ordered from partstrain.com - if you use the discount code CSCART they will take -$35 off of the bill]
New fog lights [thanks to Ray pointing the way] installed
New stubby antenna [thanks Jayson for pointing me here] side note-stubby antenna has horrible am/fm band reception
Sylvania headlight cleaning kit [no longer applies new lights installed]
Tinted windows
Illuminated sills
Custom shift knob and armrest
New tail lights [installed]
New side markers [installed]

The 2015 project
bamboo leather dye interior
smarttop [I keep saying this but never get around to doing it]
17" wheels with new mb caps as referenced in this thread

The 2014 project [side note-the new wheels did not happen this year]
17" tires
New rims
*possible rim DIY refurb with this kit

Failed mods [edited 7-9-13]
* a replacement set of carbon fiber door pins has been sent to me, I will attempt this again this weekend with the doors CLOSED
black Carbon fiber door pins [cheap china part from ebay-did not install correctly and the top popped off of one of the pins]

No can do mods
*smart top [cannot find anywhere to have it installed-do not want any of the problems MB would present post installation]

Technical references [edited to house in one thread for bella]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,078 Posts
Hope you have deep pockets! You're doing great and you NEED the SmartTop. I justified the purchase because it is a safety feature! lol

Check out these little niceties JasonM did...Bella would like these:

http://www.slkworld.com/548777-post1.html

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toothpaste and an old brush..swear to god. They weren't as cloudy as I thought. So I took a good look and saw a scum film on both. 5 minutes later, thanks to crest and a little water, they were pristine.

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
What you did was you stripped off the UV coating. You need to recoat them or they're gonna really turn yellow.
Yeah, but at least her headlamps won't have any cavities, gingivitis or any other periodontal disease. But, if the grit from that toothpaste ended up taking off the chromium grains of the nonlinear reactors in the plastics, Chicky may have to replace her entiire Xenon beams due to premature oxidation! :mad:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just put the new grille in

Grille arrived today and I just realized, it's 6 screws. Open the hood and get over it. I transitioned from the honeycomb to the sport.

Done

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,078 Posts
Grille arrived today and I just realized, it's 6 screws. Open the hood and get over it. I transitioned from the honeycomb to the sport.

Done
Looking good...told ya it was easy to install!!;)

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Looks Great Chicky! I like it a whole lot! Good job, and don't break a nail!

1 - 20 of 283 Posts