Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was on the way to the dealer to have the touch-up paint on the scratch made by the wiper, my car was hit by a Cayenne... :mad: Fortunately, we were in a traffic jam, and the Cayenne only hit my bumper. After observing a while, we cannot find any obvious trace of damage, so I record her name, phone number and left the scene.

I then went to the dealer, told him about the accident, and he has the engineer to have a check on the bumper. They found that the bumper and the parts inside were not damaged but the bumper was slightly out of position... They helped me to move it back to the right position and took care of the bonnet scratch, and I left the shop happily. :burnout:

I have also tested the rear parktronic system and it works properly... :tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
There was a post some time ago about someone getting hit at 15mph or more iirc and nothing happened to the bumper, no scratch, no damange, he thought that MB had some kind of special bumper and had an article about it. I can't remember where it is. But if your dealer thinks it's okay then it should be, glad everything worked out fine.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ynot!

I went to the parking area again after dinner to have a check on the bumper again... Everything looks fine... and so now I can have a good sleep~ :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think we are all missing the point here... you got digits from a chick driving a Porsche SUV! You gotta find out if she's into some kinky stuff, because she must really deserve that car.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I think we are all missing the point here... you got digits from a chick driving a Porsche SUV! You gotta find out if she's into some kinky stuff, because she must really deserve that car.
So you are suggesting watson call her up and hit her rear bumpter. That works, hopes she's worth it. :tu:

·
Registered
274 Posts
At least check out the headlights... you know how finicky those things get when they're bumped. Unless they are aftermarket! :bannana:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
If I was to reply first to this thread I would of said "Nope not me", as an owner of a Cayenne. Good thing damage was minor and fixed easily, how many Km's do you have on your new SLK.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
When I was on the way to the dealer to have the touch-up paint on the scratch made by the wiper, my car was hit by a Cayenne... :mad: Fortunately, we were in a traffic jam, and the Cayenne only hit my bumper. After observing a while, we cannot find any obvious trace of damage, so I record her name, phone number and left the scene.

I then went to the dealer, told him about the accident, and he has the engineer to have a check on the bumper. They found that the bumper and the parts inside were not damaged but the bumper was slightly out of position... They helped me to move it back to the right position and took care of the bonnet scratch, and I left the shop happily. :burnout:

I have also tested the rear parktronic system and it works properly... :tu:
Glad to know it got sorted out.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

One thing for sure... I am not going to drive on 5/30 from next year onwards! My previous car was hit by a bus on 5/30/2005, but I was fine in 5/30/2006 since I was on a business trip to Melbourne!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
clearly your lucky day watsons... the 30th of MAy .... may you shudder at the thought of it in 2008!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't tell me you guys are superstitious! I have a pair of designer sunglasses I never wear because i got rear ended the first day I wore them... 200 quid down the drain....

P

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
not superstitious no, i just always tug my left ear lobe and tap the steering wheel 3 times everytime i get in, just for fun. lol

just messing..i aint superstitious atall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.