Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ive tried searching for some answers to my question but cant seem to see anything,unless im doing something wrong!

I have the beige/cream coloured leather seats in my R171 and am looking for some dye or leather paint to touch up some little scuffs on one of the seats.

Ive bought 3 different coloured dyes off ebay but neither match my seats.

Has anyone used a specific dye on their beige/cream seats?

Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks
Roy

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
You can always do this... it really does work well.
I was very nervous of trying this on my seats but it worked 100% and after a year of use, still looks perfect.
https://youtu.be/KyC_9GGRnWI

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Mike, thanks for the link, it looks great. What type of paint is it,just normal gloss cream spray paint?

Thanks
Roy

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the link, it looks great. What type of paint is it,just normal gloss cream spray paint?

Thanks

Roy
Yep, I just went to the local car parts shop and matched the colour from all the tan spays they had. Try a small patch first, out of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered Sahara Beige dye for my SLK350 from World Upholstery & Trim, 1320 East Main Street, Santa Paula, CA (800-222-9577). After the dye dried, it was hard to find the spots that I repaired because the dye was almost a perfect match for the color of the leather seats and plastic trim. Because the spots I repaired were small, I sprayed the dye onto a paper plate and used a small cotton swab to apply the dye. After I let the dye dry for about a week, I used Meguiar’s leather conditioner to recondition the leather. About a year later when I traded my SLK350 for an SLK55, the leather seats looked like they were almost new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts