Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1997 SLK 230 runs great and makes no unusual noise when I put it into gear, but as soon as it starts to move it beeps continuously until I stop, which he beeping does only to resume when I move again.

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
seat belt buckled? :D

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
is your radio on or off when it is beeping?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
as chris mentioned above, is the trunk cover in the closed and latched position or open?
is the roof button flashing?

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
battery going bad in your siren

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
348 Posts
My 1997 SLK 230 runs great and makes no unusual noise when I put it into gear, but as soon as it starts to move it beeps continuously until I stop, which he beeping does only to resume when I move again.

Drove off the other day and had a continous beep stopped and had a look round and had forgotten to take the hand brake off so may be a switch stuck in that area.

Regards Stuart

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
11,537 Posts
Try driving with the passenger seat belt buckled, even if you have no passenger... perhaps the passenger seat sensor thinks someone is sat there, even though they're not?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the same problem afther I repainting my interior.
By installing console where the hand brake is located, the handbrake switch was out of position.
But at the same time the brake warning light in dash was on.

You hit it right on the head. The emergency brake switch had a broken tab and fell out of place. Thank you so much for the advice from all respondents.:grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.