Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I've been working down there for a couple of days and had blast round the handling circuit in 6M SLK350....R)that we'd been using for a driving event.

I was curious to see what the 350 is like compared with our 200. Quicker of course, but I could definately feel the extra weight in the nose, especially on turn-in. The car was quite new, so the gearbox was still a bit notchy, but otherwise great. It was the only manual car out on track all day.:rb

Nice car, red-black designo, Black paint, 17" 10-spoke rims, Pirelli P zero rosso, Command 50, HK, airscarf, Bix.... Yep, very nice.

Oh and thanks to Rob (Mercedes driver), I had a great time.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an excellent day. Do you think the 350MT has more understeer than yours or just feels different?

It's mainly feel, but yes, I think there is a bit more understeer. After a couple of laps I found that using some of the extra power available, I could balance it with the back-end and then drift a little on the exit. Sweet car to drive, just shows that the SLK is a well sorted machine.

The circuit is quite narrow and one particular combination of corners is hard to get right. I didn't really nail these; too slow the first time through, then twice too fast into the first curve which ruins the rest of that section. Definately a little challenge to get quick through that bit. Rob (Merc guy) asked me if I'd raced before. I haven't, he said that he thought I R)along pretty well... :)

I didn't really get a chance to take many photos, I was really up to my neck in work over the two days. For a lot of the time my camera kit was in the car. The only proper chance I had for pics, the sky decided it was time to persistantly precipitate... Then just as I finshed my part of the on-track stuff. I had the chance to drive the car myself, so that took priority.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts