Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody knows what's the use of the SD card slot on right side of the unit ? To the best of my knowledge, updates are done through Internet ?F)

·
Registered
87 Posts
its for dealer purchased updates

Hi,
I think I read in the 'blurb' about the nav that you can update 2 ways, either download from Becker, or walk into your dealer, hand over the cash and walk away with an updated SD card that you plug in.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hi,
I think I read in the 'blurb' about the nav that you can update 2 ways, either download from Becker, or walk into your dealer, hand over the cash and walk away with an updated SD card that you plug in.
I'm not aware of that option.

With the new Garmin system, all the hardware is always in the car and you buy an SD card from Mercedes to activate it. That could be what you have read about, but it's also quite feasible that it could update from an SD card.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SD map updates from Mercedes

Thought I had seen it somewhere, this is copied from the Becker site FAQ's page.:smile:

Becker MAP PILOT
Is there a printed version of the manual available?
The Becker MAP PILOT receives regular software updates to ensure that you always have the latest version and to guarantee optimum functionality. As the manual is regularly updated, we do not provide a printed manual. You can find the current operation guide here
Should you require a printed version of the manual, please request a copy from your Mercedes Benz dealer.
Top of page

What is the SD card slot used for?
The SD map slot is intended for SD maps with map data purchased from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealers. Top of page

Where can I buy or upgrade a Becker MAP PILOT?
The Becker MAP PILOT is a navigation system developed and designed for Mercedes Benz.
The Becker MAP PILOT is sold by authorised Mercedes Benz dealers. Top of page

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Page 6 of the manual (who reads manuals?) says

Becker Map Pilot Manual said:
Your Becker MAP PILOT has a slot for an SD memory card. This slot is used for additional maps that can be purchased via the Becker Content Manager/Webshop.
But I can't find any way to do it in the software or anything I can buy on the Becker website that says you need an SD card.

If you put a blank SD card into the unit it creates folders called Music, Pictures and Data and you can associate a picture with a POI although I'm not sure why you'd want to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi guys, I bought from EBAY a Becker map pilot for my Slk 200 2012 model. The Becker is not coming with Cyprus maps. I have contacted them and they do not have and no plan to add in the future.

Please , please, can you help me where I can find maps for Cyprus ( I am searching ... but no luck). I think through the sd card slot maybe I can add them.

Does anybody know an expert on this matter to assist me ? please !

many thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts