Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becker Map Pilot

6K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  jbanks15 
#1 ·
Hi

I'm new to this site and live in Dublin, Republic of Ireland. I own and 2012 R172 registered 250CDi (tenorite grey) and love it.

I recently purchased a second-hand Becker Map Pilot (previously owned and used in the UK) for my SLK. It works fine but I am having problems registering a new account with Becker Content Manager so that I can update maps etc. Under "Actions", and then "user information" I have entered my e-mail address and password and then pressed OK but did not receive confirmation or acknowledgement that my info was accepted.

I then selected "Buy" from the left hand pane to purchase the latest maps. I'm asked to "Register a new account" and this is where the problem lies. I entered all required details other than "zip code" as Ireland does not use them. I then get an error message "field post code is required" but if I either leave this blank or enter "Dublin 5" which is my Irish postcode I get a further error message "zip code is invalid". So either way I cannot register the new account.

My suspicion is that my "user information" referred to in para 2 above has not been accepted because the previous owner of the Map Pilot, who resides in the UK, is still associated with it and that I may need to either reset the unit or return it to Factory Settings? However, I do not know if this would solve the problem and am hesitant to do so without advice. Would anyone be able to throw some light on this or confirm how I can overcome the problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Brian

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

mods you should do:
smarttop

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/121481-what-smarttop-all-members-keep-talking-about.html

Lube those seals:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-dis...ium-grease-your-joints-hinges.html#post226839

Your brochure:
http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/167265-mercedes-brochure-archive.html#post1511249

Free Gift!: Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

#4 ·
Hi Brian, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

I'm not able to help with your Becker Map Pilot issue, but I hope that someone who knows more about the Becker unit will be along with some useful advice shortly...

#5 ·
How about e-mailing/calling tech support for the BeckerMap Pilot? It may be listed in their website.

#10 ·
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

#14 ·
Does the Becker Map Pilot unit have a reset "button" ?

#20 ·
How about using work address and its associated zip code?

Reactions: BrianMulligan
#18 ·
Don't think the reset button would help, but it's safe to use in any case. The problem, if I understand it right, seems to be with the Becker web site that's insisting on a postcode where there is no such thing in your area. Contacting Becker seems the only way forward and you've already done that. I have one that was pre-owned and the Becker site was happy to let me register it and do any necessary downloads.

#32 ·
and Jeff's pms of course! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.