Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MEET Sulo Karjalainen - known to many in his native Finland as the "bearman". The 73-year-old runs Kuusamo Large Carnivore Centre with his brother Jalo, which has been home to more than 20 orphaned brown bears. After working on a research project studying Finnish carnivores, Sulo was asked if he would mind taking in some cubs. And over the years a deep bond has grown up between Sulo and his furry companions. The Fin, who has lived on the same farm all his life, has become a celebrity in his homeland due to his incredible relationship with the predators - even starring in his own TV documentary. At present Sulo looks after six bears - and has no plans to retire any time soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Are you absolutely sure this is not a man in a bear suite? I have been fooled before and it broke my heart. I learned to be suspicious especially when the bear was seen using a portable toilet instead of the woods. You do know what the bear does in the woods, don't you? Wouldn't you be just a little bit suspicious?

bear.jpg Bear 2.jpg

·
98,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're right. I should have examined him closer

·
Registered
163 Posts
There you go again............the person in a bear suit in that YouTube is a 19 year old very very overweight high school drop out by the name of Vladislav Bernstein whose full time job (when he is not in a bear suit entertaining lower 48 tourists) is growing giant Bonsai trees.

·
98,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the elucidation especially at this end of the work week (well, at least for some of us....I am not so lucky). I hate to confront the weekend in a state of confounded artificial optical and mental delusion..........But, enough rambling, as I am busy negotiating to buy the LA Clippers and scrambling to break my piggy bank.

·
98,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this the end of the line? No, it is the front and we are all facing backwards
I want you all to line up in alphabetical order according to your size.
I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous
I never liked him and I probably always will.

·
Vendor
3,782 Posts
If I remember correctly we had a fellow American who grew close to bears and lived among them. Ironically, he got killed by a bear. Can't remember the guy's name...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Windrestrictor
If I remember correctly we had a fellow American who grew close to bears and lived among them. Ironically, he got killed by a bear. Can't remember the guy's name...

Timothy Treadwell (born Timothy Dexter; April 29, 1957 – October 5, 2003) was an American bear enthusiast, environmentalist, amateur naturalist, eco-warrior, and documentary filmmaker. He lived with the grizzly bears of Katmai National Park in Alaska for 13 summers. At the end of his 13th summer in the park in 2003, he and his girlfriend Amie Huguenard (October 23, 1965 – October 5, 2003) were killed and partially eaten by a grizzly bear.

Boy, my memory is as sharp as when I wuz 73 years old......I sometimes amaze myself.

Just kidding. Wikipedia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts