Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep saying it its easy picking with Keyless Entry for your beloved Mercedes Benz
And they are now nicking them in pairs . :surprise:

So much for Manufactures security nowdays theve gone backwards not 5E731E42-4449-4F88-984F-71AF7B813566.jpg forwards now .

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,215 Posts
Maybe we need to buy "a boot" for added security.

Reactions: Delucas

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,459 Posts
Two Mercedes’ worth over £111,000 STOLEN from driveway in SECONDS - is yours at risk too?

TWO brand new Mercedes cars were stolen in just sixty seconds in another relay keyless entry car hack.

A shocking new video reveals how the owner of two brand new Mercedes’ was the victim of a double keyless entry theft.

Owner Mohammed Tuma, 57, was completely unaware that over £110,000 worth of cars were being taken from his driveway by criminals while he slept.

CCTV footage from the property reveals a gang of three criminals exploiting a relay car theft to pinch the motors in a matter of seconds.

video here

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/1050901/keyless-car-theft-Mercedes-stolen-driveway-seconds

·
Registered 2016 SLK55 AMG w/P30
657 Posts
I took out the keyless go button in my car the day I bought it. Is it really so difficult to stick the fob in the ignition? I also keep my cars in the garage (as one should), rather than sitting in the driveway while I stuff 10,000 boxes of useless old crap in the garage.

I dunno if this car hack can be done without the keyless go button installed, but just in case it can, I also keep my fob in a farraday pouch when out in public after parking the car, and once I am home for the night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts