Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG Silver
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time since I have owned the 55 I have turned the starter key as some poor soul was walking behind the car in a parking space.

The first time was a mom and her small boy. He just about jumped out of his skin and the looks I got from his mother could have peeled the paint off the car!

This morning an older woman was caught in much the same way, first she squealed with fright and nearly dropped her shopping but then she laughed and commented 'Nice car young man!' and with a twinkle in her eye as she passed my door 'I haven't felt a rush like that in years!'

Had me in fits of laughter. At 53 I thought 'young' was a bit of a stretch!

:D :D :D

·
Banned
992 Posts
^^

Own up, are you a 'blipper'?

My dad has only remarked how quiet the 55 is at start-up and idle. Yesterday, he didn't believe that it was actually running while I was waiting outside his house. He has however complained that it's too noisy as I catapult up his road, upsetting his neighbours. Been doing that since I was 16 on a Fantic GT, then on a CB250K4 with a Campbell Geometrics 2-1, then with my Commando, then the Lotus 7...

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG Silver
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, not a blipper at all. In fact I start with foot off the pedal and wait the 30 seconds or so that the car takes to settle from 1200 rpm down to about 700 before I do anything.

I am beginning to think that my car has had an exhaust mod. Need to find another one to check the noise levels.

Will be at Brooklands on the 7th!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
This morning an older woman was caught in much the same way, first she squealed with fright and nearly dropped her shopping but then she laughed and commented 'Nice car young man!' and with a twinkle in her eye as she passed my door 'I haven't felt a rush like that in years!'

Neither has she. You know you've pulled, Right?

·
Banned
992 Posts
Nope, not a blipper at all. In fact I start with foot off the pedal and wait the 30 seconds or so that the car takes to settle from 1200 rpm down to about 700 before I do anything.

I am beginning to think that my car has had an exhaust mod. Need to find another one to check the noise levels.

Will be at Brooklands on the 7th!
Yup, will be fun to meet everyone and swap notes. Hope someone will presenting an award for 'least washed car'. :tu:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Apparently I was the blame for someone's thinned tee shot into deep rough. The course I played at, the 10th tee is right next to the car park.

Obviously had nothing to do with his atrocious swing......:D

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
For the second time since I have owned the 55 I have turned the starter key as some poor soul was walking behind the car in a parking space.

The first time was a mom and her small boy. He just about jumped out of his skin and the looks I got from his mother could have peeled the paint off the car!

Had me in fits of laughter. At 53 I thought 'young' was a bit of a stretch!

C,mon,

You said this or she said this.

I've gotta know for sure.;)

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,429 Posts
I don't need help in hitting toe or heel shots, I'm well accomplished at doing that without prompting! :) I never get lucky enough to have an excuse!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I must admit when I heard your car at paragon I thought jesus that's loud but thought it must have been because we where under the garage canopy but when you drove off It was so loud it must have been modded

1 - 15 of 15 Posts