Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK200
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Placeholder for tomorrow so I don't have to type too much and can just add pic a tures as and when

Current owner has removed his "vanity" plate and has log book back in his name - well done DVLA 5 days start to finish

Insurance arranged and starts from midnight tonight (been caught out with databases not being aligned with insurance starting at midday)

250 miles tomorrow morning with my conscience (Geoff - who always gets roped in to stuff like this)

It'll be on fumes like it was on the test drive so Pez shot will be very early on - should do the 250 mile return trip on a tank if I stay of the loud pedal

DVLA to tax it after ownership change (see insurance cover comment)

I'll probably have to bolt on the new plates I asked the current owner to get made (he threw the originals away - idiot)

Funds transfered to current account (deposit went thro fine but this is a bit larger so expecting some "confirmation activities" with the bank

So essential items to take

Cordless drill, 4mm drill bit and 8 self tapers (to fit the plates)

Tyre pressure guage

Credit card

Sun glasses

Phone charger

mask (for those reading in 2025 - wiki COVID-19)

Insurance certificate

Code reader/Scanner

Smokes

Hat - cos the weather looks good.

Anything else I've missed?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK200
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Home

2F393D10-AB76-49E8-ADA8-29159B3B82A3.jpeg

average mpg over 250 miles 30.5

picked Mrs BC up from work she said it sounds nice

gave it a little squirt in third so she could hear how it really sounds - apparently it made her womb move like the Lotus does - this according to her is not a good thing :D

·
*Registered
2006 SLK200
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
And at last it's taxed and I can use it - long story cut short

PO removed his vanity plate and got a reg doc back in his name

I paid for the car and then transferred on line the ownership

As a result of the ownership change it's now technically untaxed - this was expected. I go to tax it to drive home and get "computer says no"

WTF - it's classed as "disabled"

PO "Yeah I have to take my disabled mum to the shops sometimes so I don't pay VED"

"Oh Cock"

I need to tax it at the Post office to change the taxation class to PLG

To do that I need

1. The green new keepers slip (got that)
or
2. Registration Document (Not got that)

3. Insurance Certificate (Got that)
4. Copy of the MOT with right registration number - nope - PO didn't bother to print one when he reverted to original plate - so I need to wait for a Reg doc in my name to be able use the 11 digit ref number from that to print one off

So as a result of the ownership change it's now un-taxed but DVLA don't update the records live so for the remainder of the collection day it showed as taxed

So I drove it home and it's sat on the drive ever since

Of course I want to put "Mrs BC's Plate" on it but now the Reg doc is going back to DVLA by post!!!!

Oh well doesn't stop me driving it now

·
*Registered
2001 SLK320
489 Posts
And at last it's taxed and I can use it - long story cut short

PO removed his vanity plate and got a reg doc back in his name

I paid for the car and then transferred on line the ownership

As a result of the ownership change it's now technically untaxed - this was expected. I go to tax it to drive home and get "computer says no"

WTF - it's classed as "disabled"

PO "Yeah I have to take my disabled mum to the shops sometimes so I don't pay VED"

"Oh Cock"

I need to tax it at the Post office to change the taxation class to PLG

To do that I need

1. The green new keepers slip (got that)
or
2. Registration Document (Not got that)

3. Insurance Certificate (Got that)
4. Copy of the MOT with right registration number - nope - PO didn't bother to print one when he reverted to original plate - so I need to wait for a Reg doc in my name to be able use the 11 digit ref number from that to print one off

So as a result of the ownership change it's now un-taxed but DVLA don't update the records live so for the remainder of the collection day it showed as taxed

So I drove it home and it's sat on the drive ever since

Of course I want to put "Mrs BC's Plate" on it but now the Reg doc is going back to DVLA by post!!!!

Oh well doesn't stop me driving it now
I had exactly the same issue with the last W210 I had, total nightmare when you've stood in the post office queue for 20 minutes and then can't tax it :mad:

141 - 147 of 147 Posts