Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Administrator (Canada)
Who knew that? Going to have a look when I get home! Every day's a school day with SLKs!
There are release "tabs" at the base that should be pushed in to allow the 2nd stage. I've never needed to touch them though--lid goes up just by pushing it past the first detent. You'll need to do it from the side though--long way up even for a guy at 6'2" 馃槈

Administrator (Canada)
Don't forget: depending on how tall you and yours are, there is plenty of room in front of your legs in the footwell OR move the passenger seat forward and there is room behind the seat as well.

AND if you're careful, a coat or two may fit on top of the divider in the trunk that still allows the roof to come off. Just be careful about zippers, buttons if doing that.

Been there/done that 馃槈

Administrator (Canada)
Sorry to see it go as it really was a good little car but it means I don't have to deal with ebay idiots, strip parts out, then palletise and arrange shipping or postage if smaller parts in this Rona environment we find ourselves in
Sounds like a win for all: you, Mrs and the guy that got it (y)

Administrator (Canada)
Hmmm the remote unlock and lock facility seems to have failed - does it have a replaceable battery or is it charged up when in the ignition?
If you're referring to the key fob remote, then yes it has a battery and no, ign does not keep it charged. Uses a 2035 coin battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.