Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I have found another little annoying issue with the 230.

I have noticed random power loss/hesitation on startup and have now deduced this coincides after putting the top down.

I thought I'd check the battery. It's not right (wrong size, severely underpowered) and more worryingly, not anchored down.

I'm trying to track down the battery hold down. I even found a jpg of the parts list but couldn't read the blasted number!

Apart from keeping an eye on ebay, any other ideas?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,335 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,788 Posts
I think I'd start with getting a decent battery and then worry about tying it down :)

Due to limited info in this area, I'd be inclined to make my own or keep an eye on the breakers.
An old leather belt would the job - or a new one if you're feeling flush.

Which part(s) appear to be missing?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the missing part.

I'm confident I can patch it up with a universal part in the meantime.

In UK/Euro sizes, it looks like I need an 096 and with a fair bit of power too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,788 Posts
Yes size 096

Seems that eBay's full of comedians today .. HOW MUCH? :surprise: - make your own out of an old wire coat hanger unless one happens to fall into your lap at a sensible price

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,928 Posts
I thought I'd check the battery. It's not right (wrong size, severely underpowered) and more worryingly, not anchored down.
Maybe a silly question but have you got all the fixings to hold the battery in too?

Also, take a good look at the battery terminals. If the battery hasn't been strapped down then the terminals would be subject to a lot of stress as they are what are holding the battery in place....

Good luck.

Sent from my phone while my back was turned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts