Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SLK320 (100k), with battery drain issue.

I found the fog lights coming on randomly as if there is a wire moving loose. Few seconds and they are on for as long as the battery has power. The surprise is: even when I remove the fog light fuse, it would not go off. Note that when fuse is removed and the light is off, turning the fog light on doesn't turn the light on (confirming that the fuse is in fact for the fog light).

I changed PSE and Vario modules... nothing changed. I took the car to 3 dealers, no luck after $1500 diagnostic costs. I even swapped PSE with a friend's car, his car worked well while mine is still having issues.
I also checked the wires (as much as I could) but found nothing. the car is accident free and in a good shape. I don't know where or what to look for!

What should I do? please help.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,761 Posts
Please update your car and location details in your user profile to help us help you better...

Have you had the car long?

Has this just started?

Does it have any module installed to use the fogs as Drls by any chance ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please update your car and location details in your user profile to help us help you better...

Have you had the car long?

Has this just started?

Does it have any module installed to use the fogs as Drls by any chance ?
Had the car for a year, with the issue on from day one. I basically disconnect the battery every time I leave the car for more than 2 hours.
Everything in the car is Stock. If DRL is installed, it would be from Mercedes.

·
Registered
42 Posts

I found the fog lights coming on randomly as if there is a wire moving loose. Few seconds and they are on for as long as the battery has power. The surprise is: even when I remove the fog light fuse, it would not go off. Note that when fuse is removed and the light is off, turning the fog light on doesn't turn the light on (confirming that the fuse is in fact for the fog light).

I changed PSE and Vario modules... nothing changed. I took the car to 3 dealers, no luck after $1500 diagnostic costs. I even swapped PSE with a friend's car, his car worked well while mine is still having issues.
I also checked the wires (as much as I could) but found nothing. the car is accident free and in a good shape. I don't know where or what to look for!

Same exact thing happens in my 99 SLK230 except it is the driver side parking light or that safety curb light or whatever the heck it is. I've done the fuse thing and etc as well. What a PITA!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Same exact thing happens in my 99 SLK230 except it is the driver side parking light or that safety curb light or whatever the heck it is. I've done the fuse thing and etc as well. What a PITA!!!
Were you able to find a solution at the end?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.