Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to HiTech Motorsports this morning because they were having some function and offering dyno runs for $50. I wanted to get a decent baseline on my car before I started doing any performance parts.

The runs did not go well. Per other suggestions online, the ESP was turned off and the car was placed in Winter mode. Then the car was run up to 4th gear manually. The guy doing the run said he couldn't keep the car from kicking down, no matter what he did. He also tried doing a run in 3rd and the car was still kicking down.To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what that means for the numbers, but considering what other people have posted I was pretty disappointed.

Here's the graph.

Run 1: Max Torque 233.57 Max Power 257.67 HP
Run 2: Max Torque 237.83 Max Power 251.83 HP

I also took the car to the landfill to get a weight. The scale showed that without the driver the car weighed 3260 lbs. with the fuel tank 100% full.

·
Founding Member
337 Posts
What was the air temp where the dyno was run?

I noticed that in th summer my numbers were lower than in the winter as heat kills the SC.

My base dyno was 289rwhp 272rwtq...in FL in the winter and they had the shop doors open so it was cold (Cold for FL) in the shop also.

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was 74F. I was really expecting 290 - 300 RWHP.

257 just doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
142 Posts
What kind of a dyno? Dynos are great for comparing gains on the same dyno, but comparing graphs against other dynos is too confusing. Every dyno is calibrated differently. I've had cars lose 30-50 RWHP by switching dynos, lol.

The best way to run these cars is manual shifting and pulling the fuses for esp. This will allow for a nice solid 5400-6000 run without issues!

·
Registered
604 Posts
theres no need to pull any fuses to dyno a 32. you need to calibrate the dyno to read from 90 to approx 140 mph. ende the run before the redline by 200 rpm and shift it manually and it will read fine.
my dyno # in stock form were 317 rwhp so you arent far off.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You are correct, dynos do vary not only from one to another but from one time to another. Temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure can/will affect readings.

What kind of a dyno? Dynos are great for comparing gains on the same dyno, but comparing graphs against other dynos is too confusing. Every dyno is calibrated differently. I've had cars lose 30-50 RWHP by switching dynos, lol.

The best way to run these cars is manual shifting and pulling the fuses for esp. This will allow for a nice solid 5400-6000 run without issues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts