Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I'm getting a BAS/ESP light at start up, I can clear it with the lock to lock reset but I'm stumped as to what might trigger it as soon as I start the car. It's an '02 SLK32 with 84k on it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the switch located above the brake pedal? Looking at it I don't see it, may have to remove the panel I guess...
Thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I occasionally have this occur if I dont drive more than a couple of miles. I Never seem to have it on a long run,say 10 miles. I THINK it may be voltage related but cant confirm.Please check battery voltage /age of battery.I have had 2 brake switches replaced in 10 years,which always cured the problem!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the brake switch per the instructions with the proper gap, etc,
However the light came back on today.... Frustrated , any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only code I'm getting is a P0412 for the egr valve, nothing related to the BAS/ESP I'm fairly sure. I'll go over the other links you provided, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Question, the lock to lock reset clears the bas/eps light for a period of time, does this mean the steering position sensor is suspect, over the yaw sensor everyone mentions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just discovered this , I did a throttle position reset and it generated a TPS code. Could this be connected to the BAS light?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.