Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I got a problem with my bas/asr which comes from brake pedal switch. So I get new one and replace it and now ASR works but... When I start the car bas/asr error doesnt light but when I push the brake pedal and turn it back, the bas/asr eerror light comes on BUT ASR works. I can turn it on/off without problem.

My question is why error light comes on when I push the brake pedal? Asr works.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,061 Posts
Have you turned the wheel fully left n right?
i believe the procedure to reset is in your owner's manual

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you turned the wheel fully left n right?
i believe the procedure to reset is in your owner's manual
Yes I start the engine, make full left for about 2sec. then full right the same way and then straight after that turn off engine and start again- nothing.

Its strange, because issue comes on when I push and pull brake pedal. Could it be not good adjusted brake switch? But stop lights work good I mean when I push pedal a little bit and stop lights comes on.

I think its something from the switch. I will try to adjust it again but in weekend. If u have any ideas, share them.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,126 Posts
No ideas but keep in mind the switch is actually two switches: one N.O. that closes as soon as you touch the pedal, and one N.C. that opens as soon as you touch the pedal. So some things working and others not may be expected.

I don't think there is any adjustment for the switch.

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
514 Posts
Hey guys!

I got a problem with my bas/asr which comes from brake pedal switch. So I get new one and replace it and now ASR works but... When I start the car bas/asr error doesnt light but when I push the brake pedal and turn it back, the bas/asr eerror light comes on BUT ASR works. I can turn it on/off without problem.

My question is why error light comes on when I push the brake pedal? Asr works.
If your battery charge level is on the low side, the bas light will come on under braking.
If the battery is not fully charged, and I mean fully charged, get it on a trickle charge until it is.
Then perform the reset as stated earlier and take it for a short spin while everything settles down.

Remember the old adage, the R170 doesn't love a good battery, it loves a great one !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If your battery charge level is on the low side, the bas light will come on under braking.
If the battery is not fully charged, and I mean fully charged, get it on a trickle charge until it is.
Then perform the reset as stated earlier and take it for a short spin while everything settles down.

Remember the old adage, the R170 doesn't love a good battery, it loves a great one !
Ok I'll try to charge it. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.