Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danish high end audio and visual equipment maker Bang & Olufsen is adding Mercedes-AMG, the performance division of Mercedes-Benz Cars, to it's list of automotive clients which include Audi and the recently announced Aston Martin.

Volker Mornhinweg, Chairman of the Management Board at Mercedes-AMG acknowledges how B&O's automotive strategy of seeking high-end automakers fits in with Mercedes AMG, “Mercedes-AMG represents high performance and exclusivity. The same is true of Bang & Olufsen’s in-car sound systems. Jointly, we are therefore able to meet Mercedes-AMG customers’ expectations to sound systems.”

Bang & Olufsen President & CEO, Karl Kristian Hvidt Nielsen, also admits experience gained, most likely from working with Audi, will be further developed through this agreement with Mercedes-AMG. “The agreement enables Bang & Olufsen to further utilize the expertise and processes we have built up in order to meet the requirements of the automotive industry, and, of course, Mercedes-AMG is also an interesting partner for Bang & Olufsen because the cars are sold across the world.”

Courtesy: worldcarfans.com

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Interesting - I've always liked B&O from a design perspective, but never been sold on the overall sound quality of their sound gear compared to it's price.

Honestly, though, anything would be better than the current "crap" that MB have shoved into the C series..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Interesting - I've always liked B&O from a design perspective, but never been sold on the overall sound quality of their sound gear compared to it's price.

Honestly, though, anything would be better than the current "crap" that MB have shoved into the C series..
Really? I'm no audiophile, but I thought the HK system in the new C sounded pretty good for an OEM system. I personally liked it better than my SLK55's HK system.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Really? I'm no audiophile, but I thought the HK system in the new C sounded pretty good for an OEM system. I personally liked it better than my SLK55's HK system.
Sorry - let me clarify - the sound quality in the new C's is not bad at all, and I'd easily compare it to my HK system as well.

What I have a problem with is how it looks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.