Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this happened last week while I was at work. The bad - Looks like somebody rode across my hood (bonnet) on their bike. Several times. Good news is there was no permanent damage. Still, I have to ask WTH?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,153 Posts
time to check the cameras where you work

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,187 Posts
There's a special place I'd like to send those cretins :surprise:

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,760 Posts
Bad Karma to who ever had such little respect for someone's SLK - But glad that the wings / bonnet weren't damaged... :tu:
Not sure even if a continuously running dash cam would have helped, un-less they circled around first...

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
time to check the cameras where you work
I talked to the business that has cameras facing that way. Thought about having them check to identify the perps, but since we were looking at roughly a 9 hour time period, checking the footage seemed like too large a task to request. Especially considering there was no "real" damage. The dirt came off pretty easily with a microfiber. Biggest problem is the wife won't let me drive Tom to work anymore.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,153 Posts
that is what 'fast forward' button is for....go look at it

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,541 Posts
That is plain malicious!!! To ride a bike not once but likely twice or 3x across a hood of a convertible is simply malicious and intended to hurt the owner. You gotta do what it takes to find out who did such thing, and make a lesson out of that individual by getting him/her reported to the Police and prosecuted. C'mon, don't just let it go bcos it didn't damage the car... it was meant to damage the car, else why ride a bike on top of another man's car???

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
517 Posts
Could someone have just rolled a bicycle wheel over the hood to mess with your mind? Given the thin sheet metal on cars today, it's hard to believe even a kid on a bike could ride across it without leaving some dents.

·
Registered 2001 SLK320
134 Posts
To me this is no joke, maybe no dents, but on a black car I can't imagine no scratches to the paint.
Find out who did it and then evaluate what to do.

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could someone have just rolled a bicycle wheel over the hood to mess with your mind? Given the thin sheet metal on cars today, it's hard to believe even a kid on a bike could ride across it without leaving some dents.
That was my thought too. Also, I'm guessing it was a bicycle(s). Could've been something else. Unfortunately, the surveillance camera facing where I was parked had a box truck blocking the view and was angled too low anyway. They use it to monitor anyone vandalizing the business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts