Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to all those who have helped me out in my quest...
Basically, I'm fully upgrading everything on my '06 55 to a facelift one.
Here's the thing:
I actually think I like the pre facelift bumper better!
So the question is:
Do you think that it would look silly to do the mirrors (I don't like the old ones) but keep the bumper?

An unrelated aside, anyone have part numbers on the 030 carbon trim parts fo the interior? Door handles, hand brake, dash bits, etc? I'm only after the proper bits, not aftermarket.
Thanks all!

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I'd say that you should change what you like and keep what you like! I doubt it would change the value of your car much, either way (as long as the changes are done well). So as long as it makes you happier with the car, go for it.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I'd say that you should change what you like and keep what you like! I doubt it would change the value of your car much, either way (as long as the changes are done well). So as long as it makes you happier with the car, go for it.
Exactly, looks are personal, everyone has different taste, do what makes you happy. It's such a small change, I doubt most people will notice.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree, I like the pre-facelift front bumper more, although, I do like how the facelifted bumper is a bit more pointy. Wish I could have it both ways.

I go back and forth on the mirrors, I like the facelift ones, but they look a tad big. The most important bits imo are the steering wheel and the instrument cluster. Those are the biggest improvements. If you are going for a conversion, that would be a good place to start.

I am pretty sure there is no difference between the carbon trim pieces between the 04-08 and the 09+ models. Nothing changed. I don't know the part numbers however, but I would expect them to be very very expensive. (For what they are anyway, it's just a thin sheet of carbon fiber glued onto the normal plastic trim pieces, nothing special what-so-ever)

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
I only like the new steering wheel from the facelift model, it looks pretty good. I am modifying my car step by step, I leather roll bars in Red and maybe an LSD and the 030 steering wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts