Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who weren't aware, I'd been off my work for the last 9 months due to a problem with an old motorcycling injury. Came close to having a foot amputated, which was quite scary as I didn't know of any one legged scaffolders, but I refused to give it up and, although still not 100%, last week I was finally given the ok to return to the rig again. :smile:

Despite what my bank manager may have thought, having all that time off enabled me to attend several meets and roadtrips that I might have otherwise missed so it wasn't all bad. :D

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all the members who sent me well wishes. They really were appreciated.

"THANK YOU!"

This forum truly is the best!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,112 Posts
Glad you are doing better Davie. I did not know/must have missed that info

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,166 Posts
Seems kinda strange sayin' "Good luck" going back to work but really, Good Luck for being able to go back to work :tu:

Reactions: DAVIETHESCAFF

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,660 Posts
Good to see you got your wish.

Guess we'll have to wait for retirement before having another meets year like 2016.

Hope the North Sea stays calm for you.

See you in the spring.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
All the best Davie... I hope you're not on the rig 21-24 April next year though! :D

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,924 Posts
Same here... Wish you a lot of fun on the rig! :wink:

Take care!!
Davie, I didn't know either! I'm glad you are doing well:x but I'm sorry you'll have to go back to work:frown:

I wish you well!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Glad to hear that you are closing in on 100%, and like others, did not know you had problems with one of your limbs.
Keep doing whatever rehabilitation bits that were taught to you in last several months.

Be safe at work, at home and on the road as well.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,579 Posts
Davie I don't think I knew about your foot, I knew you had been signed off work but I didn't realise why and I didn't ask because I don't like to pry into other people's business.

I can only assume that it's your left foot that's afflicted because your right one seems to be fully functional to say the least! :wink:

Hope it's not too much of a bind going back to work, see you April if not before.

All the best
Col

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Geeat news ...

Now back into the orange suit ...!

·
Registered 2013 SLK250 CDI
361 Posts
Davie. glad you are on the mend.

I knew you were off work but didn't know why, sorry you have to return to the grindstone.

Earn loads of dough and turn it into memories.

See you in 2017, Scotland tour or before.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to all who have posted replies in this thread. Y)
12 days in and is well! :smile: Back to Aberdeen on Friday .... choppers, weather, back to back, etc., permitting. :smile: Looking forward to the 4 hour drive home in Mabel! Top WILL be down if it's dry! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts