Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Where else can you drive from 75 deg F sunshine to 39 deg F snow in 2 hours with the top down?

Downtown Phoenix AZ to Flagstaff - if you look close you can see 42 deg F on the dash display as we enter Flagstaff. Yes a bit chilly with the top down, but seat heaters and head scarfs it's nice!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Where else can you drive from 75 deg F sunshine to 39 deg F snow in 2 hours with the top down?
Southern California!:burnout:

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Flagstaff was one of our favorite places when we visited Arizona. And the change of temperature with elevation is something we do not experience frequently here in the Southern US, at least that quickly. I remember it being 80 in Sedona and after a ~30 minute trip climbing out of the canyon to Flagstaff it was in the 50's. Great stuff, though. We really enjoyed the little square near downtown with a bunch of coffee shops.

The town of Jerome was another great Arizona memory. IIRC it's an old mining town on the side of the mountain, literally. It consists of one street that winds back and forth up the slope. We visited when they were having an art show, so we just walked around the town, in the front door of a shop, up to the second floor, and then out the door onto the next street.

Great memories from Arizona. The Scottsdale malls, Frank Lloyd Wright's church, the Jericho forest, the Grand Canyon, Breakfast on the patio at the Enchantment Resort, and Sedona. Like one guy we met said, "We don't have much water, but we've got one heck of a beach !"

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Arizona is a great state.....to me the desert is incredibly beautiful. I've always wondered why AZ didn't build a fence on the California border?:biglaugh:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Southern California!:burnout:
Yes... but the speed limit on I 17 here is 75 mph, so I can run with the cruse control at 84 mph with no worries almost all the way up, very little traffic ;). I'm a native Calif - no way I could have made it from Orange Co. to the snow that quick - 175 mi in just under 2 hours. I'd put Calif as a distant second, but then again I think I've become an Arizonan over the the last 10 years :)!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
There are some beautiful areas in California too! I lived for many years in the LA area. The population density was a real buzz kill. My job took me to the Mojave pretty often.....so serene and incredibly beautiful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts