Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AutoNation dealers also carry the MAROONE moniker in Florida.

They include Mercedes-Benz of Sarasota (where I bought my 2005 [hey Euro Delivery Allocation shop around]), Mercedes-Benz of Ft. Lauderdale (who destroyed the 2005 and where I bought the 2006 so I didn't have to wait ANOTHER 6 months after the 6 months of bickering over who did what to the car) and Mercedes-Benz of Miami (a place I would PUSH my car for miles away if it broke down right in front of them. The stories about them are legendary.)

I'll put pics and detail up later. Suffice it to say, after having a 1,315 mile 2005 SLK350 DESTROYED (yes, insurance company totalled it) by them and they won't even wave $750 dealer fee for the 2006 replacement, they are a horrific organization.

I summed it up for Consumer Reports thusly: "Dealing with Auto Nation is like dealing with Satan. No matter what you do, you ALWAYS come out worse off then you went in."

What else? Um, they came and picked up my car with a tow truck to repair the SRS system they broke while fixing the spoiler that they put on that came off. It took 2 weeks to put it on, 2.5 weeks to repair the scratches they put in the trunk putting it on, which they took it off and put it back on but forgot to repair the scratches. Now they won't repair the scratches because "we arn't going to take the spoiler off again". This is the third time the SRS system has failed within an hour of picking up the car, and the forth time they will be repairing it.

How did they make the SRS system fail in the steering wheel when they were putting a spoiler on? Who the hell can figure?!?!?!

This time I said, "Screw the 40 mile drive to the dealership, AGAIN! Act like Lexus does with my LS430 when it needs an oil change, send someone out with a new car, swap keys and bring it back washed." They towed in a C-Class loaner (not a new car, but not a PT Cruiser, thank God!) and took mine out. They made sure to point out "this is only being done because it was their fault and won't be done again."

Needless to say, there is only 1 dealer in South Florida that is not AUTONATION owned and I am having them take the scratches out and going to proceed through the court system.

THANK GOD I marriad a LAWYER!!!!

The biggest thing that sucks.... I miss my SPORT SUSPENSION package that was not available on the 2006 model. That, with the run flats, was the PERFECT handling / ride combo for my keister.

Sure the dealer in Downers Grove, Illinois stole the tool kit out of my 1994 S500 when the second power steering pump went (with less then 12,000 miles) but hey, at least the car worked when I got it back!

·
Founding Member #5
170 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about the horrific experience.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
So sorry to hear. How could they total a car just like that?

And I thought my first experience with a dealer service in Newport Beach, CA was bad. It was my first MB (1987 E420) and it was in just for the first routine service (1000 miles). 2 hours later I got a call from the service manager, stating the technician was backing the car out with the door partially opened and the door got caught and was forcibly swung outward, causing moderate damage to the door and left fender. They did get me a rental car (Volvo) for the duration until the car was ready from the body shop and switched the wheels from regular to chrome, plus the next service is free. I never went back and that dealer has since changed ownership.

Thanks for the post RacerCub68.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dealer Rater web site

Hey, don't forget to check out the Dealer Rater web site. First off, I have no relationship to this site; but I do like to support it and try to get other owners to list their dealers on it. Since it is international and universally available I think everyone who buys a car should evaluate their dealer for all to see. I personally rate my dealer after every financial transaction. I have also made my dealers aware that I am evaluating them publically on the site. I have noticed that all the dealers I have had business with now know me by name, get out of their chairs to open the door for me when they see me coming, personally call out to me when they see me at off site locations, etc. I am getting great service now from M-B and Toyota. I reciprocate by giving them great evaluations on the site: http://www.dealerrater.com

One caveat, when you enter your dealer into the database, please make a point of using the correct business name and address to avoid duplications. Also, be sure to name the actual individuals that you are evaluating. There is nothing quite as effective as seeing your own name on the Internet thanking you for your excellent service. The dealer rater website is a great way to motivate your service manager and sales rep. Try it!!!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Autonation Continued....

Some pics...

This is what a $60,000 Ford Excursion Door Rack looks like. OH! Don't miss the "9" gouged into the right door with the yellow lift....

Check out industrial fan blowing flammable dust into an on car, sand blasting it.

Check that out. They took of my carefully done sun shade covering open window that was attached to antenna, mirror and rim by string and just Duct Tapped it after I complained about it being outside.

Supposedly, the steering wheel airbag was replaced 2 days before this picture taken. Notice how it looks white from dust, not charcoal. Now imagine more then 3 months of this.

Whoever got that car, if the seat motors, etc., last longer then the 3 year warranty, they will fail soon after.

Where is the engine? In 3 visits and 3 months, nowhere to be found! I was told it was at the Ford dealer. What? Putting it in a Focus?

After seeing these pics, another dealer said to my insurance company: "We are a fully certified Mercedes-Benz body shop, and I work on loads of those SLK's. If your wrote us a blank check I would turn it away. That car will NEVER be right again, even if we could put it back together."

I think whoever bought the slapped together car after it was totattled lives in the 323 area code, as MBUSA slipped up and asked me if a phone number was mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Car Accident... - More Pictures...

This is the front of the car at the accident scene.

Now, NOTE, this picture is taken with the SAME camera phone the other ones were. Notice how much more vibrant the paint looks...

Well, that's one cracked engine block. His airbags didn't go off because sensors in sides of bumper didn't activate.

Now look at the marks from the Van's tires. Notice something? Besides the fact we are not in Japan, the UK or Australia, and he's on the wrong side. When he hit me, his rear end went up in the air and came down slighly to the side.

Also notice on that one the 18+ foot high hedges completely obscuring the van from my vision. I'll never take a blind corner at ANY SPEED again!

That is my only injury, save my right Pinky that still hurts from time to time for a year afterward but finally went away (it caught on shifter and was bent back). That's right, the logo from the airbag. I was turning right, it made my arm and watch knock out the driver's side window.

Oh I forgot to mention.... When the cop was in front of the car, I mention "Don't worry, it's broken" as he tried to steal the front emblem.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts