Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there a aux port any where on a 2000 230slk standard Stereo at all, or in the glove box? so I can listen to Spotify on my I phone.

If not is there an adapter u can get to plug into the standard stereo?

Thanks

Regards Rob

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
There is no 'easy' way to do this, as in there isn't a plug-and-play option.

You can solder in a 3.5mm AUX lead, as described here: DIY Ipod auxillary input on 2000-2002 Benz Radio w/PICS - Mercedes-Benz Forum

However, in most cases (and mine included), you may wish to go with an aftermarket head unit. This is truly the easiest way, and if you shop around a bit you can find one that won't look out of place in your SLK. I opted for a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X898 myself, and it looks almost factory, right down to the illumination color. I'll post a couple pics of that below.

Attachments

·
Registered 2014 SLK350
428 Posts
That's what I did...cheap but still sounds good enough (even though I am a bit of an audiophile). You can record every song you own on a flash drive for the USB input and/or use apps like mp3mymp3 to record tens of hours of music using apps like Pandora or Spotify.

Or of course simply connect your smart phone thru the Bluetooth connection as well. :grin:

Baja-D

·
Registered 2002 SLK230
61 Posts
My iPod plays through the stock radio with a mod by Radio Becker. (Note it's pretty expensive - but it inops the cassette player (though you still need to have a cassette - any cassette - installed) to give you a mini-plug audio input that you can put (mine's in the passengers left side foot-well) anywhere near the radio. I can plg my iPod in. Similar Radio Becker mod can give you a Bluetooth connection...but only to play music from your phone....not for makinactual calls. Just FYI.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
349 Posts
I wonder why that would be expensive? Its just tapping into the cassette electronics between the output and eq stage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.