Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
not sure if it is normal, but when i push the pedal to the floor in order to accelerate quickly, RPMs go almost to the 7 k before upshifting.
And at the moment when it changes to the next gear i feel a big short "boost" in power. I almost lost control one time because i was not prepared for sudden boost in acceleration when changing from 3. to 4. gear.

When driving conservatively it seems fine, but even then gear change sometimes waits too long to shift.

It is not a constant problem, but does happen from time to time.
I have a feeling that automatic tranny should work more smootly than this.

Car is over 80 k miles, and i am not sure if transmission oil/filters have been changed at all. Could that be a problem or am i looking at something more serious?

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Does your car have different modes, eg C / S / M, could it be in something other than comfort, causing a more sporty drive?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
A lovely quote from HERE in reference to an R170 230:-

Most SLKs are automatics, which is an odd choice for a roadster, but I guess Mercedes had to bear in mind its main customer-base. It claims to be a tiptronic, allowing the driver to manually select gears, but this is a lie: in fact all the driver can do is indicate a preference for an up-change or down-change and then leave the SLK's software to decide whether or not to oblige.

When you tried to change down for a bend, the car would email Mercedes HQ for permission, wait for a committee to convene to discuss it, arrange the necessary paperwork and then let you know that, unfortunately, on this occasion, your request has been denied.
:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.