Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
First i want beg your pardon about my english,

I have an automatic SLK 200 K (2001) since 2003 i haven´t any problem with it.
But... the last monday, i decide to clean it, and for that, i decide to use a vapor machine for clean the interior:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
After that, it refuse to change gear , it s in emergency mode, in dashboart the gear not appear
it start, i can put the D , but refuse to enter the reverse gear and for that i stop the engine , put the P, start the engine and put the Reverse gear
Following the OBD code that it gives me
If any one have a idea about that....

ME diagnosis

MB - Nr. :111 153 20 79 Supplier :Siemens

B1485
Brake Pedal Input Circuit Battery Short

P200F-001 Error stored in the EGS control unit (P0715

B1485
Brake Pedal Input Circuit Battery Short

----------------------------------------------
ESP diagnosis

MB - Nr. :170 545 01 32 Supplier :Teves

c1142 Lateral acceleration sensor or Micromechanical turn rate
and steering angle sensor, Open-circuit/short-circuit, +
voltage supply, plausibility
-> verify the tension at the lateral acceleration sensor : While IGNITION = ON : 4,75 - 5,25 V _
C1142 ABS Lateral Acceleration Sensor Open/Shorted

EGS diagnosis

MB - Nr. :027 545 01 32 Supplier :Siemens

034 Communication with DME disturbed 130 Communication with DME disturbed

------------------------------------------
PSE diagnosis

mB - Nr. :170 800 07 48 Supplier :Hella

B1436
Wiper Hi/Low Speed Relay Coil Circuit Short To Battery
------------------------------------------
HRA diagnosis MB - Nr. :140 820 74 26Supplier :Bosch!

B1480 HRA front axle engine : short circuit to ground B1481 HRA rear axle engine : short circuit to ground B1481 HRA: Part E2m1 (Right headlamp range adjustment motor) has short to ground ------------------------------------------
FFZ/FBS diagnosis
MB - Nr. :170 820 17 26 Supplier :Siemens
-
B1706​
Seat Driver Recline Rearward Switch Circuit Open​
B1100 Control line deactivated : PSE/CL CF ATA
B1706 Activation of confirmation relay module

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I disconect the battery 24 hours and nothing, i reset all the Obd errors, and after restar the engine , i have only 3 error, EGS, PSE, FFZ/FBS . I think it could be a short or a bad contact .
regards

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,621 Posts
Under the right side footwell there is the EGS computer and many related connectors. These are protected by a square Styrofoam sheet. Is your Styrofoam sheet in place? I wonder if the moisture penetrated into this area. If you pull back the carpet and remove the Styrofoam you can free the metal plate holding the EGS, and lay it down into the footwell for inspection. Do you see any red stains in the area where the wiring comes through the floor?

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
239 Posts
Also check the brake pedal switch, did it get wet or blasted with steam? If it has failed it can give some weird problems including problems moving the gear selector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi , all

@efair, You refer about this position?
Component Locations n15_3
i don t see how to acced to it
In fact i meen to check the Lateral acceleration sensor, but your right and i will check the EGS conectors
thanks

@Aycee, Yersterday i remplace the braque pedal, Mercedes reference A0015456409. It s very easy to do it
After that i moved the steering wheel to the left wait 2/3 seconds and move the steering wheel to the right, and the EPS /ABS light swich off, one probleme left.

But the problem stay here, i reset all errors , i star the engine, i can engage the direct gear but i can t engage the rear, for engage it i need , stop the engine, put the gear in Parking, restart engine, and in that procedure i can put it in rear mode, after that i can engage the Direct mode, but i can t engage the rear again...
Thanks to Hall for the information , and the effort to read me :)

·
Registered 2002 SLK320
239 Posts
As suggested check all the connectors in the footwell for corrosion and look for auto fluid contamination. This can wick up through a leaking pilot bush on the gearbox and cause problems. If all seems ok there then it's probably the Gear shift/lever module unit. There is a PCB on top of this which has been known to fail, usually coffee damage! I don't think you can by it separately but it's worth looking at it and maybe cleaning it up. You can access it by removing the gear lever surround, it just levers off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All,
After disable half car and found no solution
A read a lot of the Obd Carsoft, and after that i mean thays it s low level diagnose item.
i decide to search a Stardiagnose user, and i found one, i feel lucky, it s my neighbour....
after a rapid diagnose the problem was found in the gear stick,
he erase all errors and.... thats works
All errors that i found and erase with the carsoft , he erase with the star diagnose and it s works
This afternoon the Slk come back to live.....

I would like give thanks to all of you
Regards

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,
After disable half car and found no solution
A read a lot of the Obd Carsoft, and after that i mean thays it s low level diagnose item.
i decide to search a Stardiagnose user, and i found one, i feel lucky, it s my neighbour....
after a rapid diagnose the problem was found in the gear stick,
he erase all errors and.... thats works
All errors that i found and erase with the carsoft , he erase with the star diagnose and it s works
This afternoon the Slk come back to live.....

I would like give thanks to all of you
Regards

So did you wind up solving the problem by changing the brake switch and erasing codes or was there something you did with the gear shifter assembly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.