Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Automatic Boot Separator

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SLKomatic 
#1 ·
The blurb and road tests suggest that the SLC boot separator is automatic, but mine appears to be manual - the easiest boot separator I've used on a Mercedes, but still manual.
Looking at the latest spec it suggests that this only comes with Keyless Go, which mine fortunately doesn't have.
So do I have to live with the dreadful task of deploying it myself, or am I missing something?

#3 ·
The options on the SLC vary model by model from one country to another.....

Obviously MB think that people here in the UK are capable of manually putting the boot separator in place by hand..!!
Though I must admit on quite a few occasions in 6.5 years of ownership I've jumped in the SLK, started the engine, got all bucked up and gone to put the roof down - Only to get the dreaded message "Boot separator not in place".... :|
But still happy not have the option, as sometimes while on Road Trips it can be a tad snug under the Boot Separator....
@Rorywquin has one on those fancy "SL" hence the auto-boot separator - MB obviously profile UK "SL" owners differently and just add the option to the original list price... >:D

#4 ·
- Only to get the dreaded message "Boot separator not in place".... :|

@Rorywquin has one on those fancy "SL" hence the auto-boot separator - MB obviously profile UK "SL" owners differently and just add the option to the original list price... >:D
Embassasing when parked outside one of those fancy coffee shops....:wink:
@Trev5 - At heart I am still an SLK driver :laugh:

#13 ·
Well I'll be dipped. I lied. I checked, have that code, so I went and tried it. Sure as snot, it works! Another first world problem solved. Dunno why I assumed it didn't work. Could be because you can move it manually. Figgered you'd be pushing against some ratchet gears, perhaps. I did notice it's a lot easier to move manually than my old 350.

Still don't have the compass mirror mentioned in the manual. 350 had that. :( No headlight warshers either, but I never used those anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.