Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Did the Autocross thing again today with the Buckeye Miata Autocross Club, I did it with the same group last year too. Very nice people, and had a really great time! Can't believe I was the first car up and on the track this morning. I improved 8 seconds over my best time last year, so that's something. It was a lot of fun. This is one of my runs, tried to put it in, but couldn't get it to play, so giving you the link.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Glad you had a great day. Your report, photos and video has got my day off to a great start :smile: The Dawg looks as amazing as ever.

And a yellow S2000 too. I have a very soft spot for the Honda and the yellow ones are stunning. And was that a white one I spotted queuing on your video?

·
2007 SLK350 fastdawg
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, those S2000's and there were several in the 60 or so cars, did very well out there. Here's a picture, I used a color editing filter on, I love the effect, even though it turns the Dawg bluish. It really makes the color pop. It was really such fun, but after 3 track events last year, and one this year, I think even though I have good thread left, I might have trashed my tires. They were uncommonly noisy on the way home. I have to pull all four this week (cleaning the chrome) for a major show Saturday. I'll inspect them and see what's up. Hot isn't bad for soft tires, it improves the grip, but once you get too hot, it starts becoming a negative as they were telling me out there. The group had a number of spin outs in the afternoon as the course got slippery and the hardcore started really pushing it. This picture is in the late afternoon when they were flipping the course. Instead of 3 20 car groups, it got down to 2 15 car groups roughly. In this picture, we were waiting for them to finish the track flip. Only the hardcore stayed in the afternoon, heat was really up there too!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts