Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have searched, but can't find my issue.

My auto wipers, on both the low and high sensitivity, stay continuously on intermittent, whether it is raining or not. They speed up very slightly in continuous rain.

I have cleaned the glass several times, but this makes no difference.

I tried what I think is a reset procedure:
Not all car's have this feature, but it can be annoying when you do have it and lose it. First get a mate over (you need two people) on a dry day when rain isn't likely to occur and have a bucket of water ready. Make sure the windscreen wipers are turned fully off and your windscreen and surround is dry. Next locate the windscreen wiper relay locations on the fuse card. You'll probably find your fuse card either in the fuse box under the bonnet or in the tool roll in the boot. To reset the windscreen wipers simply pull and then put back these relays. Finally, get in the car and start it up. Turn the wipers fully on to position (III) and then off to position (0), then on again to position (I). With the wipers still in position (I) get your mate to throw water over the windshield - the wipers should now function automatically.
Are there any other things to try? If not I will get Mercedes to look at them when it next gets serviced.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK55 AMG
113 Posts
Auto rain sensor windscreen wipers

Have searched, but can't find my issue.

My auto wipers, on both the low and high sensitivity, stay continuously on intermittent, whether it is raining or not. They speed up very slightly in continuous rain.

I have cleaned the glass several times, but this makes no difference.

I tried what I think is a reset procedure:

Are there any other things to try? If not I will get Mercedes to look at them when it next gets serviced.

Its interesting the instructions regards removing and replacing the wiper relays, all i can see on the plan are fuses for the wiper.
Of course there are relays but which one / ones are for the wiper and is there any fuse or relay for the rain sensor.

I would love to get this "feature" working as all i get is a fixed intermittent swipe regardless of the volume of water being put over the sensor!:crying:

·
Founding Member 2006
108,939 Posts
you tested this in rain of course?

if testing not in rain, remember all doors must be closed

just saying

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Anyone with DAS/STAR nearby? Perhaps they can check to make sure the rain sensor function is activated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.