Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working on fixing the interior of a 98 SLK230 I just picked up. Pretty sure the shifter is supposed to have a plastic guard inside so I can't see the inner linkage. right? Do they fall apart and retreat into the assembly? or has the previous owner struck again and removed it? the console appears to be have been fed some Cherry Coke once before. on the positive side electronically the shift assembly works fine. thanks in advance for any info.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,056 Posts
moving to r170 general discussion because you have one!

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and here's the interior of the car a few days after I picked it up. was stunned that some hack had used a can of regular aerosol black to fix the peeling color on the console. worse yet, was done in the car. little masking was done. warning light clusters on dash? yup. partially painted over. speedo? overspray city. pretty sure previous smoked a pack of cigs in it everyday. so gutting this interior seemed the right thing to do.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and now with a proper paint job. overspray wet sanded from speedo, etc. replaced shifter as other one appeared to have been fed a steady diet of cherry coke. Handles had to stay black as they are in poor shape.

·
Registered 2003 SLK320
612 Posts
and now with a proper paint job. overspray wet sanded from speedo, etc. replaced shifter as other one appeared to have been fed a steady diet of cherry coke. Handles had to stay black as they are in poor shape.
What a lovely job you have done wish I had the patience and ability to tackle mine like you have done yours.
You should be proud of yourself well done.
Dave Y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.