Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

It's been a while, which may be a good thing. My 230's Auto Tranny has been doing something a bit weird as of late. If it's been sitting for a few days or even after a few hours, it'll 'miss' shifts or hunt for the right gear. When I got this cream puff a few years back I had the tranny fluid changed and it looked excellent. As my first 230 had a failed tranny I'm a bit paranoid about this one. I could use a little advice on this one. I've searched a bit for a similar issue and have come up dry. F)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
...not up on 170s but isn't there an issue about fluid leaking and affecting the connectors/speed sensors? Search time...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...not up on 170s but isn't there an issue about fluid leaking and affecting the connectors/speed sensors? Search time...
Yes there is. I just received a tranny stick. Luckily one of my customers is a former MB Mech. Ran the car for a bit on the road and checked the fluid it 'appears' to be ok. The reason for the 'appears' is it's not an official MB stick and you sort of have to guess where it should be. Fluid is clear, smells clean and is 1/2" or so above minimum mark so I'm inclined to think that's not the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.