Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK 230 R170
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any idea who does the kit fot the Auto Shut Door feature you can see in the Second Half of this Video.

Please let me know if you have any information :smile:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,411 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,584 Posts
Still does not prevent Gorilla Arm Slams...too sad.

I cringe every time some family members ride in one of my cars as they have developed the habit of slamming the door. You ask them if they are angry about something and they are bewildered by your question. We discuss the door issue, they say they understand, then 5 minutes later when they get out,.. WAP goes the door.

What gets me is, where did this learned trait come from? They are not old enough to have had old junkers from the 50's and 60's with doors that weighed hundreds of pounds and did require you close them with authority or they would not latch.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
105 Posts
Still does not prevent Gorilla Arm Slams...too sad.

What gets me is, where did this learned trait come from? They are not old enough to have had old junkers from the 50's and 60's with doors that weighed hundreds of pounds and did require you close them with authority or they would not latch.
It's all in the head.

If it looks big & heavy (i.e. bigger than a smart phone but not too big to bother trying to move), the head makes the assumption that it's heavy & needs a bit of force behind it to get it to move. Thus slamming car doors is sub-conscious, not a learned response (unless they're really p11$ed off with you). :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.