Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an auto document wallet to carry registration and proof of insurance in the "glove" box. Something really nice but not so ostentatious as to offend the police when asked to provide said documents for inspection! :biglaugh:

If anyone could point me to a nifty choice and where to purchase I would be grateful. Thanks!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
My local bank gave me a zippered leather-type money bag for free that perfectly fits my need for the important papers that I want to carry in the MB. I would check with the places who want your money in their vault to see what is available.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,420 Posts
I'm looking for an auto document wallet to carry registration and proof of insurance in the "glove" box. Something really nice but not so ostentatious as to offend the police when asked to provide said documents for inspection! :biglaugh:

If anyone could point me to a nifty choice and where to purchase I would be grateful. Thanks!
Is this for the SLK or the M? I found a simple Vinyl folding case somewhere I do not recall that i fits nicely in the center console on the rear wall and fits in the clips in the console. My glove box as the CD changer and nothing else would fit in it.

Here is one that is very much like the one I got.

ARC1 Case Logic Automotive Registration Card Wallet, Color: Black

Simple and does not cost an arm and leg.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i thought about this recently and thought about photocopying said documents to have in the car, but then i thought all said documents have your home address on etc and as I work in the IT trade and know what ID theft is like these days, should the unthinkable happen and the car goes missing they have a lot of info in the car which I wouldnt like them to know...................... just my thoughts but I am sure everyone will have their own views on this

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
i thought about this recently and thought about photocopying said documents to have in the car, but then i thought all said documents have your home address on etc and as I work in the IT trade and know what ID theft is like these days, should the unthinkable happen and the car goes missing they have a lot of info in the car which I wouldnt like them to know...................... just my thoughts but I am sure everyone will have their own views on this

It's a bit different in the US - you have no choice but to carry your registration, proof of insurance, and your drivers license with you in the car.

Both the registration and proof of insurance usually have your home address on them. I'm lucky in that we still have a post office box, so at least mine have the PO address on 'em rather than the home address...

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,420 Posts
All they have to do is hit the home button on the nav and they have your address and driving instructions on how to get there. Do not need any paper work.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
All they have to do is hit the home button on the nav and they have your address and driving instructions on how to get there. Do not need any paper work.
In fact when I got my car this was the case: the previous owner's home address was still programmed in.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
I made it a point to remove my home info from the navi and erase the settings for homelink. Didn't want to worry about whether the dealer/buyer did it or not.

·
Registered
636 Posts
In regards to security and nav's you should never put in your home address.
Put a local store/restaurant that's close to your house so if someone took your car, they wont get in your home.

Enjoy,
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.