Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auto climate control seems to work right with the roof down (not that I use it then), but the minute I hit the button to put the roof up it goes to max cool. Then it just acts really erratic. So top down, seems normal, top up acts erratic. Is there supposed to be a correlation between the top and the climate control? Just need some advice.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Unbelievable that by now you haven't gotten a dozen "battery reset" messages. So here's you're first: try disconnecting the negative battery cable and reconnect after 30 mins. Reset your windows and clock bc "why not?" and see if things go back to normal.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG,
212 Posts
It does change behavior when you change the position of the top. If its hot out and the top goes up, mine goes to full max until the car cools down, similar to getting into the closed car after sitting in the sun a while.

·
Banned
433 Posts
The way it seems to me is that if the top is down, then it doesn't try to cool to the temperature set - probably because it may be impossible to do so (you'd be heating/cooling the world around you). Then when you put the top up, it does try to match the temperature, so it will temporarily max out the heat/cool until it does so.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This all makes sense, however when the top is up it continues to blow max cool indefinitely. When I try to set it to a warmer setting, it will either continue our show down, but then it kicks up again. Even when im sure its below the set temp it continues to blow max.

·
130 Posts
Stupid Question - do you have it on "auto"? The small red light will be on.
What happens if you change to manual - can you lower the speed there?

·
50 Posts
What does your exterior temperature indicate at the time. Mine did the same things your talking of! Found that the exterior temp sensor in the front, drivers side, near the lower driving light, had fallen down inside. It was very near the radiator, and was seeing the temp at about 95-105, and was maxing out the interior to account for the false, exterior temp. Good luck.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. Its on auto. If i press it again it goes to manual and i can adjust the speed. That works correctly

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What does your exterior temperature indicate at the time. Mine did the same things your talking of! Found that the exterior temp sensor in the front, drivers side, near the lower driving light, had fallen down inside. It was very near the radiator, and was seeing the temp at about 95-105, and was maxing out the interior to account for the false, exterior temp. Good luck.
This sounds like an option. I don't suppose you could shoot me a photo of it? Or is it pretty obvious?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,571 Posts
Picture of temp sensor ?
Pretty obvious
Drivers side near fog light
Or search our site for picture of outside temp probe
I would do it but at blackjack table

·
96,571 Posts
Hit me! 21!
Oh. It is the issue or contributing to the issue
Pop it back where it belongs and provided it is not defective
It should hopefully solve that issue

·
96,571 Posts
Should not be in center screen

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually it is. If you look that the link Stuttgarter posted, the guy had an 05 that had it it the same spot. I did notice that my bracket was bent and the sensor was touching metal. I straightened it and it seems to be working now. Its colder today, but I don't think that matters. I will see what happens in the near warmer future.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.