Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm from Melbourne.. I have a MY06 SLK350 in Cubanite Silver with Airscarf and Hot Seats!

I'd love to meet up with some local SLK'ers and go for a cruise some time. Be fun!!

So where are all the SLK fans.. all SLKs welcome :bannana:

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG
237 Posts
From South East Melbourne and currently driving a Obsidian Black 2008 R171 SLK 200 with an AMG sports package, I'm in the process of installing various upgrades if you take a glance at my signature most of the work is covered there.

I'd be down for meeting up with other local SLK owners.

Reactions: benzmanda

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Hi Gentlemen and Ladies

I live in Central Queensland inland and south of Gladstone and Rockhampton respectivly.
I own the only 1998 SLK 230 Kompressor in the area although there was one in Rockhampton a few years ago.
Black Opal is the colour
Black leaqther with carbon fiber inserts in the dash
AMG wheels
88K on the clock
I have sourced most of my spare parts from
MB Spares Parts Dept. - Murray [[email protected]]
who offer not only excellent prices but customer service and delivery you only dream of.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Wheels.. your car looks lovely. Thanks for the tip on mbspares. I have some things I want to get, so I'll be sure to check them out.

:)

·
237 Posts
I'm in Melbourne too and one to my 3rd SLK having previously had a 99 SLK R170 230 Kompresser and 2006 R171 SLK 350 now on to pretty much fully loaded R172
Absolutely stunning vehicle, the SLK's look better and better each year.

Have you considered getting plate corves such as the ones sold by LAKIN? I think they give a really polished look to the cars. I'm about to get a set myself, along with some mounting brackets. Just waiting on my new number plates to arrive first.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Absolutely stunning vehicle, the SLK's look better and better each year.

Have you considered getting plate corves such as the ones sold by LAKIN? I think they give a really polished look to the cars. I'm about to get a set myself, along with some mounting brackets. Just waiting on my new number plates to arrive first.
Thanks for the comments

I like the plate covers but I'm liking the naked look too.

Just ordered yesterday another white car, B250 with the new 2.0 litre turbo 155kw as my new daily

·
237 Posts
Thanks for the comments

I like the plate covers but I'm liking the naked look too.

Just ordered yesterday another white car, B250 with the new 2.0 litre turbo 155kw as my new daily
Proud owner of 2 now, very nice. The B250 looks very comfy and practical. I saw one with a white interior and thought it looked nice.

By coincidence the plates I just ordered for my SLK are strikingly similar to yours. I got black mini euro premium V MBSLK, I picked that as an option before noticing your plates. I went with mounting brackets and covers.

Reactions: MBSLK0

·
Registered
184 Posts
Proud owner of 2 now, very nice. The B250 looks very comfy and practical. I saw one with a white interior and thought it looked nice.

By coincidence the plates I just ordered for my SLK are strikingly similar to yours. I got black mini euro premium V MBSLK, I picked that as an option before noticing your plates. I went with mounting brackets and covers.
I've had a few SLK plates over the years R170 SLK99, R171 SLK59 and now MBSLK0 which we have had for about 3 years in storage for we did not know if we were going to get a 4,6 or 8 cylinder so went for 0 to cover all.

Picking up the B early January which will have pano roof and command, white again and it's got plates too BEE 250. The new 2 litre turbo motor is very responsive and with the DSG it will be a quick daily car....it is a little quicker than a Golf GTi but more room....the steering is pretty good and with the lower springs and run flat tyres it is a hard but not too firm ride. Looking forward to surprising a few hot hatches out there with traffic light grand prix.

I'm in the southern suburbs so should hook up for a coffee sometime....or you could join us on a run we have sometimes......spoilt for choice now C63, SLK or B250

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To show what small world it is....

I bought a cargo tray for my SLK off eBay. Went to collect it and saw this lovely black SLK parked out the front... hmmm that car looks familiar. Knock on the door and there you have our forum member Mick86! Pretty funny that in this large land and relatively small online SLK community in Melbourne that we bump into each other!

Was nice meeting you Mick.. hopefully we can get some more cars together for a cruise in the new year.. besides I want to see MBSLK0 some time HAWT car!

·
Registered
184 Posts
For those in Melbourne few mates are doing a coffe run to the Arab Cafe in Lorne on Saturday 19th

Departing 6.30 from Westgate Bridge there will be euro cars including Golf R's C63, Audi A1 (worked) and alot of BMW's

·
*Registered
2009 SLK350
311 Posts
hey guys i am a bit late , but a new owner of a MY09 slk 350, jasper blue .. time to lower this rig and fitr some 19 " s on my puppy, change the exhuast to create a rumble , and i am so ready to go cruising .. so keep me posted of you guys are planning a run in 2013, i am in !!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Melbourne too

I have a 2005 350 slk Tanz. Blue. Had a 200 slk b4.
My usual work car is a E250 cdi.

I'm a tragic golfer.

·
237 Posts
I'm keen to participate in any social events, I'm free on and off at all times during the year, I'm available more often than not.

As benzamanda mentioned the 2 of us have already crossed paths.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts