Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My prefered supplier of parts has decided to drop out and just focus on servicing,
having lost a couple of key staff members,

and so I am looking for a recommendation for a reputable
independant MB genuine parts supplier
on the south or east coast of Australia.

Any one got a suggestion please?

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like no one has any good suggestions it seems despite 80 reviews. Bugger!
Thanks for reading it anyway.
Cheers

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah well, after six weeks and 153 views now, and still no one in Australia has any suggestions.

My independent service place charges what looks like standard M-B dealer prices.

I've tried ordering from a UK dealer, and their prices are about half or better on a couple of items I tried, but without a UK credit card (!!) they don't want to do business.
Maybe I have to wire them the money, but in any case, dealers don't want get into postage and tax problems.

USA sites often just won't ship outside USA or if they do the postage is eye-watering, which is odd when so many electronics suppliers will give free postage for over $100.

I found one site in Dandenong Sth that supplies service parts and fast moving parts like filters, engine mounts, ball joints, rotors, pads,
but I have no experience with them and it's not clear if these are genuine parts or cheap copies.

So much for my concerns, I think this thread is really finished.

·
Registered 1999 SLK230
203 Posts
Sorry no one has been able to help,

since i have had my SLK only needed filters so was hoping someone would have something.

Not sure what you are after, but i live rural and work on an assortment of different vehicles and my local Auto Pro just finds the stuff I need. (Free plug for them as they are realy helpful).

Cheers

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
615 Posts
I've just noticed your post, Pictor (i don't often wander from the R170 general discussion).

I do question why you are so keen to buy MB genuine parts. Mercedes Benz don't actually make brake pads, discs (rotors), filters, spark plugs, etc, etc. Even MAF's. I buy genuine, decent parts (often the same manufacturers that supply MB) from my local parts shop (they aren't a national chain). They are very good and only sell decent stuff. I buy Mann oil filters from eBay (Australian sellers) as that's one thing my parts shop doesn't sell. My local parts shop are a lot cheaper than MB.

As for MB specific parts....I'm fortunate enough never having had the need for any! So far...........

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just noticed your post, Pictor (i don't often wander from the R170 general discussion).

I do question why you are so keen to buy MB genuine parts. Mercedes Benz don't actually make brake pads, discs (rotors), filters, spark plugs, etc, etc. Even MAF's. I buy genuine, decent parts (often the same manufacturers that supply MB) from my local parts shop (they aren't a national chain). They are very good and only sell decent stuff. I buy Mann oil filters from eBay (Australian sellers) as that's one thing my parts shop doesn't sell. My local parts shop are a lot cheaper than MB.

As for MB specific parts....I'm fortunate enough never having had the need for any! So far...........
Thanks very much for the tip.
I was not so much thinking of service parts, more other things like modules and trim if I need them.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK320
615 Posts
Yeah, I wondered that. My 320 is almost perfect but even so, I'm not sure it's of the value these days to be investing in trim parts from MB. I'd be trying scrappies first (and second, and....). The value of R170s has dropped a lot in the last 12 months or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts