Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

August 2012 Ride of the Month Winner!!!

6K views 40 replies 34 participants last post by  Davidmeintel 
#1 ·
Please join me in congratulating the winner of our August 2012 Ride of the Month Competition, Davidmeintel!!!

Our administrators Helena/Livefreeordie,
will arrange for the awarding of the prizes.

The prizes include;
* A site badge for your posting profile/user profile
* Your car featured on the home page
* A free premium (1 year) membership

I wish to thank all of those that competed and hope you will enter the September 2012 Ride of the Month competition.
Any previous winner cannot compete again.

I also want to thank all the people that voted for the competitors!

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the complements and votes, I really appreciate it!

I did the editing in Lightroom 3. I tried something new this time. I went into the saturation settings and for all colors other than blue, I turned it all the way down, so anything not blue, turned b/w. My front side markers for example are yellow, yet in the edited version, they are clear because of the saturation change.

Planning some mods. Thinking about new Spyder lights with the black insides to darken up the front a bit. Also planning to change out the yellow side markers for clear ones. Looking for a carbon rear diffuser as well...going to be a busy winter with mods I think.

Thanks!
Dave.

#8 ·
Congratulations..Caspian is still my favorite color on the Slk..

#15 ·
Congratulations. Love those Caspian Blue SLK's, but of course I'm not that objective.

I did see an introductory brochure from that time that talked about that color as an SLK Exclusive color. Not quite as rare as Woolly's green, but at least it's Special ! I have also seen the 950 Color code described as Benitoite and Daytone Blue - I tend to prefer Caspian.

Enjoy your victory ! Beautiful car.

#16 ·
Thanks everyone, I do appreciate it. This car is by far the most fun to drive of all the cars I have owned, including a boxster, BMW, corvette and a couple muscle cars in my younger days. Just something about the combination of the raw power, sound and that hard top convertible that really makes these cars fun to own. New wheels and tires coming soon.

Reactions: jbanks15
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.