Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered 2004 SLK200
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm in UK, with a 2004 SLK200 and am planning to upgrade the standard Audio 20 system. My vehicle is old enough that I can't easily add bluetooth or aux inputs so would like to just plug and play with a new audio/nav/bluetooth unit.

In researching I came across DriveAV.com in the US which produce a specific unit for the SLK R171 (and many other vehicles) but the company does not export to UK or Europe and has no distributors here. They have quoted a price of £370 to supply direct, including transport, which seems a reasonable price (comparably) but I'd be grateful to hear any comments about the quality of the units, audio or otherwise from anyone in US who has fitted one before deciding to import.

The unit listed is SWE-B7255 ; the parent company is Showeller. Website at Benz SLK300 CLK550 SLK230 SLK320 in dash stereo radio DVD GPS TV iPOD SWE-B7256_Car dvd player GPS navigation Manufactory

These units look to have been designed with the original trim and style of the car
controls in mind which I like particularly.

Similarly, if any UK owners can suggest a good plug and play alternative from UK, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any response

John

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I have made a review thread for the s100 OEM look alike headunit which I have had a lot of success with. Several other forum members have also purchased this headunit as a result of my thread and are very happy with the results!

Taking a quick look at the link you posted I have not seen one with that type of interface before... not too sure about it's ease of use/features.

A S100 will set you back ~550 USD and is tremendous value for all the features you get. Mine is still going strong to this day and I have no regrets from installing it!

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,776 Posts
Careful , if it's important to you , not all these radios have the capabilty to download/access your contacts ...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The S100 downloaded the contacts from my android phone with no problems whatsoever.

Have not heard anything about those with iPhones or Windows phones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.