Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for all the people that have looked for SLK55, would you rather buy it as original or would you pay a little more if it had a different (enhanced in my view) head unit.

We are thinking of selling ours and the radio (with all the can bus kit etc) was quite expensive and I’m not sure if I should leave it in and ask a bit more or swap it back to OE the sell the kit separately.

(Note, this isn’t a for sale post, I’m just trying to work out what to do for the best outcome and wondered what people prefer while we decide weather to keep or change the car)

Thanks in advance for opinions re the head unit you would prefer if you were looking.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Something I have wondered myself if and when I sell. If it was the HK system it may have greater value sold separately. I'm not sure our cars are collectable enough to warrant originality over function but that's just my opinion.

Maya via Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
24,848 Posts
Advertise with upgrade and sell the old stuff.
If buyers are not interested then take it out of the deal.

Many upgrade, many others consider it, but never get around to it.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
When I was shopping for mine, I was driving a car I had owned for 33 years. I had never heard the term, "head unit." Of the 5 cars I have owned, two never had radios installed, which was fine because I was a purist then. Everything was just a "car radio." I was not aware that automobile electronics now encompassed not just traditional radio, but also navigation, mechanical health, satellite radio, hands-free telephone, streaming audio, and trip statistics. So, when I looked at each car, I just thought, "radio works." Five months later, with a 2007 SLK55 AMG, and far better informed, I now wish my car had something less clunky than COMAND. It would be nice if i could answer the phone by using a steering wheel buttons.

If you can showcase the advantages of your head unit swap, I think it could help a lot. Education is the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts