Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had some work done on my 1998 230SLK and the mechanics somehow triggered the audio theft light and I need to re-set it. I am the original owner of the car and have all the original document including the build card, all the manuals that came with the car and I even have the Mercedes window sticker from the factory. The audio manual indicates that I should have also received two cards with the code information to re-set the system, but I have looked everywhere and can't find them. What do I do now??

By the way, I have one of the first 40 cars sent to the US and it now has 181,000 miles.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,652 Posts
try a search top right. at a minimum, the dealer can supply those codes with proof of ownership

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,387 Posts
Just go to dealer with your regerstion and your driver lic. and they will giv you the code. Had to do this with the SLK I bought used and not radio code with it. I will take them a few seconds to pull it up. You should have the car with you at the dealers as they might was to see the vin on the car. They might not take a writen down vin but actual off the car. MB trys to protect it owners.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,652 Posts
my previous, previous 2002 had it so true lfod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.