Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, apologies if this is question has been covered before, but I did a search and couldn't find what I wanted.

My Data Card states I have:

SA Code 510 Audio 20 Radio with CD Changer.

Is there anyway of confirming if I have the necessary video inputs available without taking the HU out? Also, how can I confiirm what version of COMAND I have?

Thanks for any help.
Regards
Nick

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
105,295 Posts
I don't see your datacard. Did we get you one?

·
105,295 Posts
Nick, does not your Comand manual/owner's manual tell you of all the options/how to's of your HU?
Your datacard should also tell you what version of Comand you have

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jeff,
Yes, you emailed it to me last week. Thanks.
I have been through the Data Sheet and cannot see where it tells me what version of COMAND I have! What is the SA Code I am looking for?
Thanks again.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
105,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soory Jeff, meant to add - yes, read the manual. Page 38 states if you have RC installed, so I assume it can be installed with this head unit, but want to make certain before I look into camera purchase etc.

·
105,295 Posts
r172 experts will chime in when they sober up :D

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You and me both!!

Yes, I had read that thread, and was not sure if I have NGT 4.5 or 2.5, as some of the description for 2.5 (red and green phone buttons) appear in my car, but I don't have a flash slot, so a bit confused.

·
105,295 Posts
2.5 is for like facelifted r171. probably 4.5

·
Premium Member-sold my '55
1,384 Posts
You can have Audio-20 in two forms. The older did not have video input the later ones did. I also THINK that the latter Audio-20 was equipped with bluetooth or some kind of change in the BT connecting protocol. Not sure what happened there. Only know that modern smart phones and the older audio units do not happily exchange on BT.

Or you can have NTG 4.5 (2011-2014) or NTG 4.7 (2015-). The NTG 4.5 also had two versions: gen1 and gen2. The gen1 showed itself by having yellowish menus. The gen2 has silverish menus. Gen1 = 2011-2012, Gen2 = 2013-2014.

(obviously this applies to R172 series only)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.