CD works but the eject button does not eject the CD

Any ideas appreciated

Russ

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,317 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and yr) in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, location/vehicle.

If you haven’t, please post an introduction in the ‘new members introduce yourself here’ section.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at Arms

·
Registered
8 Posts
does it make the sound like its trying to eject the disc, but the disc just wont come out, or it ignores your request to eject the disc completely?

My HU sometimes does a strange thing where it actually tries to eject the disc, but the disc somehow wont come out - I just take another disc and lift the disc thats inside so it can go out easily, sometimes it hits the top or bottom of the disc tray as it wants to go out...

·
97,317 Posts
my friend had this issue. told him to disconnect the battery. after reconnecting it, he pushed eject button and cd came out

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am not sure if I have the same problem.
Yesterday while listening to a CD, it suddenly stopped and displays "no CD".
The disk is still in there and the eject button doesn't work.
I assume this is because the A20 doesn't think that anything is inside. (maybe it had a fingerprint on the disk since it seemed to cut out or 'skip' just before it stopped completely.
How do I get the disk out?

·
97,317 Posts
Did you do this yet?:

disconnect the battery for 30 mins minimum. after reconnecting it,
reset window travel and time and try ejecting cd

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

I am waiting the 30 minutes with the battery disconnected right now.

What do you mean by "reset window travel and time"? do you just mean to set the correct time after having the battery disconnected or is there something here that needs to be reset to "reset" the A20?

·
97,317 Posts
Answered your pm
Just reset clock n radio stations n window travel is all
Eject cd. Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, that worked :)
This is the first disk that i have even put into the car (finally picked it up on Thursday). I see that the disk if badly scratched all the way around the edge (1/8 inch in from the edge). I didn't check it before putting it in, but it was a new disk that had been in my previous car CD changer for 2 years and was not played often.
I hope that the A20 didn't do this..... or maybe I will "NEED" to upgrade ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.