Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving last week with my cousin in the car, sitting at a light waiting to make a left turn. I was second in line behind an Audi S4. When the light turned green we made our left and then he accelerated ahead. My cousin said "dang he took off". we get to the next light heading straight this time and my cousin asks me "do you think you can get him?" I kind of laughed and said watch. the light turns green and i hit the throttle a little too much so the car didnt really go anywhere at first (we've all done this im sure) so he jumps ahead. As soon as my tires get full power we catch him pretty quickly and I blow by him (maybe blow is a bad adjective but it felt like it to me LOL). we hit the next red light and this time i tell my cousin "this time I'll take off my traction control". The light turns green and i hit the throttle just right and literally blow the doors off the guy. The front of his car was at the rear of mine when i looked back at about 40 mph then as speed picked up I pulled away further and further. My cousin couldn't believe how "fast this little car is". The funny thing is that his mom actually has an ML63 which I'm sure is a little quicker than the SLK. I also have an ML350 but the only people im racing in that is a moped LOL. All in all it was fun and the guy was cool and waived as he made his right turn and i did the same back. The one thing he definitely got me on was his rims. He had some sick forged wheels and mine are ebay junk for now LOL.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
There's always a better car around the corner. Still the S4 is a very nice car, and one over which to enjoy a spirited days driving, eh?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
The SLK 55 is quicker than the ML63.

The RS4 is close, but it'll probably win due to traction....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts