Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Chicago on 28th, leaving the 30th.

Wondering if there's anywhere worth going that time?

I've been there on Christmas, summer, spring and fall, probably more than 20 times in the past 2 years ever since I got my Mustang.

Just wondering if anyone near by would give some advise, or even plan a meal or small get together around there. :biglaugh:

Just wondering :D

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Chicago... anything to do!? How much spare time are you going to have?
Try Googling "things to do in Chicago during Thanksgiving"? Me thinks you'll find plenty to keep you occupied

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish you would have pm'd me!! I just saw this now :(

It's okay ;) There'll be next time, and for sure next time, I will remember to PM ya!

The weather didn't want me to drive my SLK to chicago so I took my beater Nissan instead. Turns out it was a right thing to do.

Driving a stick in Chicago, especially on Friday around the magnificent mile was a nut job! I actually had the guts to try, but I went back to the hotel and took subways instead.

Food was still great in Chinatown. Revisited some that I liked, and tried some new ones. Although Saturday noon/afternoon was a madness! I went there, parked my car in the lot instead of the street and went like, there's no way I'm getting my car back until night time, so I went back to the subway route and walked the whole afternoon after lunch in Chinatown.

Saturday was a great day to walk, we walked from navy pier (grand ave.) all the way down to jackson along the lake shore. View was beautiful! Thanksgiving night everyone closed early, so not many people on the Michigan Ave. so the road was quite and pretty! So peaceful there.

Again, GF liked it, I enjoyed it. Such a great place to visit again. (well...that'll make it my 16th great time in Chicago in the past 2-3 years. ) :D

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
I'm glad you had a great time. We had stellar weather. You got lucky, this will probably be one of the best and final weekends of the season. It was cold but sunny and dry.. perfect!

If you find yourself here again in the future please let me know. The boyfriend and I would love to meet you guys downtown for dinner or something. Even though, the slk is now garaged for the season :(

·
Shibing the Web Guy
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm glad you had a great time. We had stellar weather. You got lucky, this will probably be one of the best and final weekends of the season. It was cold but sunny and dry.. perfect!

If you find yourself here again in the future please let me know. The boyfriend and I would love to meet you guys downtown for dinner or something. Even though, the slk is now garaged for the season :(
I will. It would be great to meet you some time! :D Well, luckily, the Saturday was great.

:biglaugh: shame on me, I was the one talking about garage the SLK early, but still haven't 100% garaged it yet. I still drive it when it's dry outside to get grocery and stuff. I actually had tried to drive it before they lay the salt down, very fun. I just feel it's better for the car when you still drive it during the winter, just don't have to drive it all the time, just not to take it out when it's salty, snowy, rainny, you know. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts