Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you will probably be aware (unless you've been kidnapped by aliens and held on planet P900 for the last six months) we are planning a Scottish road trip based in Pitlochry in April. The vast majority of cars are heading up from south of the border, some from as far south as Cornwall. There are even some Irish members coming over. I think it would be nice to have a few more "local" cars from the north to join in the fun. You don't have to stay overnight (though, if you do, be prepared for some good craic over dinner), you can just come along for one of the day runs out.

This is a great chance to meet some of our most enthusiastic members, see their cars, talk SLK and kick tyres with them, and to take a drive through some of the beautiful scenery we have up here.

For those just back from planet P900 the link is here ....

http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/375345-scottish-weekend-spring-2017-a.html

It would help with my organising of the groups if you put up a post if you decide to join us.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
42 Posts
Some great roads around Pitlochry although be aware of average speed cameras on the A9, not sure what routes are planned but fairly sure most will be enjoyed, there are also a few distilleries around Pitlochry & the surrounding areas, Dalwhinnie, The Eddradour, Lochnagar to name but a few, will hopefully manage to head over to meet up in Pitlochry, my intention this year is to do the North Coast 500, stunning scenery great roads, what's not to like.
Dave
👍

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
42 Posts
Some great roads around Pitlochry although be aware of average speed cameras on the A9, not sure what routes are planned but fairly sure most will be enjoyed, there are also a few distilleries around Pitlochry & the surrounding areas, Dalwhinnie, The Eddradour, Lochnagar to name but a few, will hopefully manage to head over to meet up in Pitlochry, my intention this year is to do the North Coast 500, stunning scenery great roads, what's not to like.
Dave
👍
Note to self check through other threads before posting, also where's the edit button when you need one?

👀

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave
&#1 28077;
The routes planned are to be found in this thread in post #1 .....

http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/375345-scottish-weekend-spring-2017-a.html

We will be meeting in the Pitlochry theatre car park about 8.45 - 9.00am. Would be great if you can make it Dave. :tu:

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
42 Posts
Certainly appealing Dave, only issues are there may be too many Dave's ! Noticed in the other thread about routes, some cracking roads there, have done most of them on the bike!But as mentioned notice there is no edit button, unless I am missing it lol.
👍

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
2,844 Posts
But as mentioned notice there is no edit button, unless I am missing it lol. 👍

@Davess1402 - I *think* you need 15 posts before you get the Edit button. I may be wrong there. One of the mods should be able to confirm this though.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,073 Posts
@Davess1402 - I *think* you need 15 posts before you get the Edit button. I may be wrong there. One of the mods should be able to confirm this though.

Absolutely correct.

It's to avoid spammers and such.

Also note that the forum can take 20mins or so to understand that you have 15 and grant the 'edit' button.

Want it quickly?

Go and welcome other new members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts