Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone here is attending any of the AMG driving academy sessions this year? I'm taking the basic class at Laguna Seca (Monterey, California) on October 8th.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I've been doing the Porsche driving events, the amg driving academy sounds like fun. Take pics and enjoy your experience.

·
aka Denny
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More fun than I expected

I just thought I'd drop in to report back on the AMG Driving Academy.

To put it simply, I could not wipe the smile off my face. It was a blast. I highly recommend it to anyone that has even the slightest interest. We had lots of time in various AMG models (though there were no SLKs). Given it was the basic class, I thought it might be a mix of classroom and in-car time, but they really do just about everything with you in the cars. The classroom time before starting was only 10-15 minutes if I recall correctly.

We drove the following: C63 coupe, C36 sedan, E63 Sedan, CLS63, SL63, SLS.

Driving the SLS on the track was really fun. I don't really fit in the car, but I'll happily put up with being cramped in exchange for the track time.

The instructors were great at gradually building up your activity to build your knowledge and confidence together.

Laguna Seca was fun as a course (but I don't have any other track experience to compare to).

My next decision is when to take the advanced class.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice, I'm sure it was fun, glad you had a great time. I wished I have time to attend more driving events.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.