Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
on thursday night at sonic on riverside pkwy in lawrenceville there is a meet there that was originally set up by a buddy from importatlanta.com why don't we make an slk appearance there. the parking lot is huge so we could have our own section and then the rest of the meet. this thursday though will be varsity in downtown, we could even do an SLK section there..although we'd have to get there pretty early to claim our spot, like around 6pm for varsity.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i know the car meets i suggested will be filled with a lot of us younger folks. else as far as setting something up fun for all of the age groups we have here...well i have no ideas. flying thing seems cool dm, what are the costs looking like??

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vkash1208 may have missed the flying idea since he recently joined. dmjonez do you have a day/time/location that you think we could schedule?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i looked at some of the older posts and saw dm write some stuff about it. although yeah i guess i didnt see the original post on the flying thing. but ill look for it! :D

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think we were thinking late July or August. The SLKWorld Vegas event is in September and then we were talking about another event in October.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was just talking to the wife tonight about the SLK flying / gathering. I'm still up for that. What are the amenities there? Is there a place around there to get some good eats? Beers?

Late July - August works fine for me.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
The airport is in Cartersville. Slightly hilly, near the Etowah Indian mounds. Also near lake Allatoona, and the Etowah river. Pleasant drive, and better flying. Google the Cartersville, GA Airport and you'll get an idea. My kids are currently taking flying lessons there, and I bet I could talk a couple of the instructors into taking folks sightseeing for the cost of gas plus a little. The lessons run $100/hour, so I'd guess $40-60 for ordinary flying. As for time frame, I'm out of the state until July 12th. I'm working the 18-21st, 24-25, and 29th until August 1st...

Howzzat?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Giving this a bump since I'm now back in ATL, July - early August works for us.

on thursday night at sonic on riverside pkwy in lawrenceville there is a meet there that was originally set up by a buddy from importatlanta.com why don't we make an slk appearance there.
There are a # of us up the NE I-85 corridor that may be interested in one of these. Up in age but young at heart (at least most days:Beer:) More info appreciated.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like with dmjonez schedule the earliest weekend would be 8/8 - 8/9. I think he is the pivotal point in scheduling if we are going to do a 'fly in' event.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Giving this a bump since I'm now back in ATL, July - early August works for us.

There are a # of us up the NE I-85 corridor that may be interested in one of these. Up in age but young at heart (at least most days:Beer:) More info appreciated.
well pretty much as i said in the above; thursday nights at sonic on riverside pkwy and duluth hwy(hwy 120) in lawrenceville. if you want to meet up one thursday and roll out together then that'd be awesome. its at a sonic so there is a place to get some grub, as well as the worlds best pizza (riverside pizza) in the same parking lot. else its really just a car meet, everyone just hangs out, gets to know one another, network and really admire each others cars. all car meets really are a great place to network because everyone there has hook ups on pretty much what ever you need for your cars.

as far as the thursday Varsity event, it usually is around 200-300 cars that show at the varsity on spring street in atlanta. but it is only on the first thursday of every month.

sonic is every thursday.

check out www.importatlanta.com IA is the host forum that does all the car meets in atlanta. well most of the big ones anyways.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think most of the locals travel with work quit a bit, so events during the week are tougher to make happen. Usually the weekends seem to work out better.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I've been out of town and using dial-up, so I've avoided posting due to the time element. Back now, but I'm thinking the summer may be best to just do lunch somewhere. Since we all seem so busy, and the Vegas deal is around the corner....

I'm still good with setting up flying, but don't have my August schedule yet.

dj

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I've been out of town and using dial-up, so I've avoided posting due to the time element. Back now, but I'm thinking the summer may be best to just do lunch somewhere. Since we all seem so busy, and the Vegas deal is around the corner....

I'm still good with setting up flying, but don't have my August schedule yet.

dj
dj,

A lunch thing at this time might be best as we're all slammed. flying later. I know Rick wants to do a ACC/mountain cruise meet in October. Just my $.02

DT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts