Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SmartTop has arrived! Let me know when you guys wanna break out the blow torch and install these things????

Joe

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I going to pick up mine today. Later this month is great. Do you think we can get 5 installed in one day? Or should we do one, but have everyone else take notes?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I going to pick up mine today. Later this month is great. Do you think we can get 5 installed in one day? Or should we do one, but have everyone else take notes?
I think its just 3?? Me, you & Dave so far! Saturday is best for me, but I can't do the 21st (Wifes Birthday). But the 28th???

Let me know, Joe

Dave...Where are you?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I think its just 3?? Me, you & Dave so far! Saturday is best for me, but I can't do the 21st (Wifes Birthday). But the 28th???

Let me know, Joe

Dave...Where are you?
Slow as usual. The 28th works for me!

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
28th is okay, need to be done by 5pm.

You think we could talk Bill into coming north for a bit?

Bill?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just fly all the cars down to me in FL and I'll be happy to install them for you.

Its only 4-5 Torx and a few clips. but 2 of the clips realy seem to give most a hard time. you also need a dowl to prop the carpet back while you work.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm scheduled for a 7-3 that day but I may be able to swap into the mid shift and be up that way around lunch time. I agree with Bill on the carpet, it's very stiff but I just had someone sit in the passenger seat and hold it back for me, that worked pretty well. I'm still trying to find the Smart top module for my Denali but no luck yet...lol

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm still trying to find the Smart top module for my Denali but no luck yet...lol
I think step 1 is firing up the cutting torch!!:biglaugh:

That'd be great if you could make it, for the install help and because we haven't seen you in a while!:tu:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you want to drive all the way to Marietta, I'll pay for the beer, and you can use our garage...
Yeah, as to place to meet, we need a big garage or a nice level driveway. Mine is 1/2 full with a GTO that's not moving at the moment as it waits to be sent out for a suspention rebuild. And the slant of our driveway would never see the light of day anywhere it regularly snows, if you know what I mean.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Yeah, as to place to meet, we need a big garage or a nice level driveway. Mine is 1/2 full with a GTO that's not moving at the moment as it waits to be sent out for a suspention rebuild. And the slant of our driveway would never see the light of day anywhere it regularly snows, if you know what I mean.
I have a two-car, that I can empty (it has the Saab and the BMW in it, but otherwise it's clear). I also have a third garage behind the house with the MB in it. Adjacent to both are nice flat, sunny spots.

Or we can travel...

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have a two-car, that I can empty (it has the Saab and the BMW in it, but otherwise it's clear). I also have a third garage behind the house with the MB in it. Adjacent to both are nice flat, sunny spots.
Sounds like you just volunteered!:) Joe and I will meet up somewhere and drive over. Maybe do lunch and then destroy some smart tops?:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts