Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all SLK and Club 55 owners for lunch on June 13th at 1:00 for lunch and beverages! We'll meet at the Taco Mac in the Perimeter area. Below is info on where the location is. They have over 280 + beers! This is off Abernathy Road just west off Ashford Dunwoody.

http://www.taco-mac.com/perimeter.htm

Perimeter1211 Ashford Crossing
Atlanta, GA 30346
(678) 336-1381 phone
(678) 336-1383 fax

Restaurant Details
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Sun 11am – 2am

100 beers on draft
280+ in the bottle
37 televisions
2 big screens
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Taco+Mac&ie=UTF8&om=1&start=20&sll=34.069974,-83.988547&sspn=0.008869,0.019956&z=15&ll=33.939906,-84.331913&spn=0.017766,0.039911&iwloc=D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
OK, we'll see you there. Anyone from the NE want to cruise over together?

UUhhmmm... BEER!:Beer:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Am up to 203 beers there already...not all in one sitting, of course!
I assume that means you're going to be there!?! For beer advice of course!:biglaugh: We've consumed beer in 35-40 nations (that we remember) and counting!:tu:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I should be there. I've not consumed beer in that many nations. 3 continents, 5 countries and 23 states for me.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Gina and I will be there. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Rick
Great Rick, you guys want to cruise over together. Haven't heard from Joe for a while, I'll try giving him a call.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A group of us got together today to plan the next adventure. Attached are some photos of the German line up. Something seemed out of place in the line up. This Porsche keeps trying to get in the picture. Next time we'll just have it towed! Sounds like our next adventure will be in August and include an airplane! Details to follow!

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
Well, I made every effort to get there, but was held up for a couple reasons that will make for a few good stories.:tazz:

Anyway, "the Pearl" needs a good work/out and I should get to do that today at least!

Joe

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry I was unable to get there. I got held up, as well. Am looking forward to the August meet...and am quite curious to hear about this "airplane" deal! Will have the blue ghost all waxed and polished up for the next ride!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Anyway, "the Pearl" needs a good work/out and I should get to do that today at least!Joe
Am looking forward to the August meet...and am quite curious to hear about this "airplane" deal! Will have the blue ghost all waxed and polished up for the next ride!

Black Pearl & Blue Ghost and Red Rocket!!! The airplane "thing" ...talk to dj, sounds a blast!! Was great to see Rick & Gina, Eija took some more pics & we found all mod ants are not created equal. As always, enjoyed everyones company!!!! Go club 55!

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
About the "airplane thing"...

Both my kids are currently taking flying lessons just north of Atlanta in Cartersville. Ken and I though everyone might enjoy taking a short spin in a "sport-light" aircraft (think grocery cart with wings, no doors unless you want them) and seeing NW Georgia from the air, maybe taking a quick buzz over the lake...

If the "sport light" is a bit too light, I could get a Piper Cub or some other small, fun plan with which to take the tour.

Howzatt? :bannana:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
The Ultralights or Trikes (because they have 3 wheels) are a lot of fun -- like riding the SLK with the top down and in the air. You do need a good flight suit to protect from the cold air depending on how high you go. Temperature decreases so many degrees every 1000 ft. Photo taken when my daughter and I were in Kauai June 2008.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do we have a date we can nail down and start rounding up participants? I wouldn't mind going in on renting a small plane.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts